Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello! Hey Lee I cheated and had a friend of mine paint the prop for me ... He has done a few already and the fact that he is artist can't hurt .. so here are a few pics until I get my decals from Copper State.

·
Starship Class
11,892 Posts
Fantastic wood effect on the prop! I don't blame you for getting him to do that.

I like the way you're painting your plane. I was thinking about something similar but didn't have the patience to do the research and all.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Lee ! I like the weathering you did on yours ..I was thinking of doing some on mine .. Have to think on it a bit .. Jeff

·
Starship Class
11,892 Posts
modelgeek said:
Thanks Lee ! I like the weathering you did on yours ..I was thinking of doing some on mine .. Have to think on it a bit .. Jeff
In a nutshell:

I painted it the red base coat and then masked off and painted the white marking areas.

I mixed up oils to match and then went lighter and darker outlining the ribs in that manner and adding shadows and highlighting.

After I gloss coated, put on the decals, and gloss coated again, I did the dirtying up with oils and then sprayed dull coat over it all.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did a little more work on it while I am waiting for my decals..
Don't know if you can see the rigging very well with my tiny turnbuckles but if ya squint your eyes you may..Jeff

·
Starship Class
11,892 Posts
I think that's the best I've ever seen that model done so far! Can't wait to see the decals and weathering on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You might try EZ Line -it's stretchy rubbery stuff used in HO Scale train world, superglues easy, strong, thin and clean. Just search EZine

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Rokket! But I got started all ready I just hope it isn't too small of scale ..I figure some avation cable is about 1/8th inch at least that what we sell at the hardware store i work at .. So I kinda guessed I have some very fine nylon fishing line and I used that... Jeff

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It is finished ! After getting another set of decals from Copper State Modeling...It is done..It was fun putting the Ole Manfred in the pilot seat...Also the first time weathering with an airbrush..Jeff

·
Starship Class
11,892 Posts
My pleasure, sir!

It's good to see authentic detailing with an artistic flair on that particular plane.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts