Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With race 4 in the books race 5 is just around the corner. This will be the final race of the year. looks like it will have alot of action.

Date is Sunday OCT 24 and the place is RPM be there

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
race #5 will have the cups handed out for the series champions 1st thru 10th i have decided that because of some issues with hurricanes and date changes that if you scored enough points to finish in the top ten than you will get a cup..this means you may have missed 2 races but if there wasn't enough guys to finsih higher than you in the points or there just wasn't 10 cars in the field than you get a cup. the very least i can do for you all. remember the cups are sponsored by rgu repo graphics! ronny hames is the man! so if you can stick around for a half hour and watch the champions get there cups! next year it could be you? rpm should have some food available also..i hope we end on a solid note!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yikes!

Did'nt think I was gonna be able to make this race as I'll be in Kissimmee on the 23rd for a car show at Oldtown but now me tinks I'll just throw all my r/c stuff in the trunk and if I'm not to hungover from all the overindulgence(an oldtown tradition)I'll just drop by for a little racing. If I make it. Please hold the noise down. Last year even my hair hurt.:freak:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
funny stuff dave!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am going to do everything I can to get someone to work for me that day. It will be hard because it is on a weekend. I really enjoyed racing at RPM last Saturday. If I can't make it, Katfish just keep us informed on the plans for the next series. I will make as many races as the Navy will allow.

Lee

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Kat since you have all the results what are the track records for RPM? and who has them?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
boylan end or records! lol i think boylan in 19 turn,padilla in stock,myself in touring car,12th scale i'm unsure lemme look into that.

WELL I GOT A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL TODAY! BRAND NEW HOT OFF THE PRESS KGB SNIPER SOLID CAR KIT! A BIG THANK YOU TO JOSH AT KGB FOR THE CAR KIT! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kat I wasz looking for times I know Mike Boylans 60 lapper is a record but I would like the times. I think when you know the record it gives everybody something to shoot for. I unlike alot of people care more about going faster each time I hit the track than winning. what i am saying is I would rathe finish 2nd and run 60 laps than win with 58 laps.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
dave i think focars.net has the results of all the rpm races on it? www.focars.net

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yah I seen the results. thanks man I just got down switching over my car to HW setup. In the main at the last race my car was junk. I now no why. I made a rookie mistake I never swapped the rear tires the rr was way smaller then the left. maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn it won't happen next time.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
18 days till the racing starts again. Guys this is a wonderful series and RPM is just awesome. Do all you can make it out to this race. Tell the family now that on Sunday oct 24 2004 you'll be racing in The FOCAR Race 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got this email from Katf1sh

ok now that i talked to rob at custom works and got the kit coming i can spill the beans!

yes that right! the raffle for the focar members to be held at the cup presentation will include a hot off the press custom works aggressor car kit!

if you have not joined focars the membership is good for life and includes a t-shirt and the raffle ticket for the year end raffle sunday october 24th! only focar members have a chance at the car kit! i think there is around 80 members so thats a 1-80 chance! this is going to be bigger than a willy wonka golden ticket!

the regular race day raffle is going to have a brand new KGB SNIPER car kit plus exotic compound tires and some other goodies from the silva boys!

let's recap!
focar race # 5 rpm speedway sunday october 24th
race day raffle with silva products and a KGB sniper car kit!
year end raffle members only a first run production CUSTOM WORKS AGGRESSOR CAR KIT!

cups will be presented to the series champions 1-10th and there will be food available for purchase for a nominal fee.....

kenny holmes will be behind the mic running the show! thank god!
chuck mann will be back at the tech table! thank god!
come check out rpm if you have not been there and see what all the fuss is about!

see you at the races! william sell

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
the points have been updated and will be on the focar site asap. i mailed out the points to those on the mailing list. anyone else wanting to check out the points please email me [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
For the 5 weeks of the series, you keep 4 of the 5 weeks points. You get 100 for 1st, 99 for 2nd etc. TQ gets 1 bonus pt. 404 pts, would be a perfect score. So basically if you didn't attend at least 4 of the 5 weeks, you stand no chance for winning that class.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh I was under the impression that it was 3 out of 5 so that way you can't have a tie. I know that I can't win the points but I was hoping that I had a shot at a top 10 in only 3 races

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe I should have tried to make another race. there is always next year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
He's giving out trophys for the top ten, in spite of weeks attended. Who know's? At least you may have a shot at some wood.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts