Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the difference in the pink and white foam? Which one has more side bite and which one has more forward bite? I think I have seen the answer to this on here before but can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tres but durometer readings are not what I'm looking for. Someone posted about the difference on the track. The durometer readings are the same.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
purple foam has more rubber in it.. it ismore rubber then foam... white is more exotic...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason behind my question is I tried a white LR and a pink RR on the car last night. The car was really funny for 2-3 laps but after the tires come in the car was stuck like glue. Tres, did you notice the warm up laps the car tried to climb the wall off of two, but when we started the race the car was on a rail. The car was real loose on pink rears. I may need to go with white rears, I know to combine them is an odd setup. I'm just trying to get some feedback from people that have more knowledge with foam. The track is carpet.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Team h-

The Pink rears seem to have more forward bite, and the whites have more side bite. Usually 2 pinks will make the car loose coming into the turn. Most of the time pinks don't do well when mixed with whites.
And as burbs said, pink has natural rubber in it, while white is just and imported version of the blue/green foam.
The BSR tires are like this, I don't know about the others. I only know the best!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I believe whites have more forward bite and Pinks have more side bite........This is my experience anyway.....as far as mixing pinks with whites...I have never done it but I would try the pink on the left rear and white on the right.......If your car is loose going
into the turn and you are running pink rears....I would look at the chassis......I would check both side shocks..Maybe one is blown......

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
In my experiences the rubber foams (purples, magentas, pinks) really start to act funky and make the car handle differently on carpet as they get heat in them. I stick to them only when tire wear is an issue, like on asphalt tracks.

Try a green and white on the rear or 2 whites if you are that loose.
Also check the durometer reading of the pinks. Sometimes they can be as hard as a 35-37 which could be the reason you are loose. To where most of the time a white tire is a lot softer than that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My last car I ran pink rears at this track but I just got an Adrenaline short car. It seems that the shorter car will need a completely different setup all together. The pink and white rear combo took a couple of laps to come in but after those laps it was dead on. I am going to try some different things and see where I end up. Thanks to all that have replied.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pink on the inside and blue on the outside. Thats what I was running until that pipe jumped out in front of me. lol

Good run though!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Whites have more side bite & pinks have more forward bite. I pretty much already knew this but confirmed it at the Snowbirds last year. We sarted out the week on whites & was fast but as the traction came up (most traction I've ever ran on) we ended up on pinks. With the whites on the car & that much traction everyone had trouble with traction rolls. When we switched to the pinks it helped the situation tremendously. I later learned that a lot of the guys stayed on whites but they super glued the side walls to take out that side bite.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Brent, That is what I thought I had read before. White seemed to have more bite all together on our track. Like I posted before, I switched to a shorter wheel base car and it seems to turn better than my last car. I may have it a little too aggressive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts