Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
¿Cómo está? Endless apologies for all the TIE threads but I find myself neck-deep in crisis; I have come seeking knowledge and his bastard son, truth.

There's a set of black masks that come with the kit.

Not quite sure what I wanna ask here except at the risk of sounding an idiot; how do you use them?

I mean, if you apply decals to the window and let it dry, it won't come up and if it does, you risk scratching the paint or lifting it up.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hey, those are adhesive backed so they peel right off! AND, they work great I might add! And remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask! Make sure you kind of burnish the edges down good, and check them again right before you spray, because they aren't too sticky! If done properly, they will yield a nice viewport window!

If only everyone had thier act together like Fine Molds, our job as builders would be so much easier! Great kits!

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stickers? Cool!

Hey, how did you guys find out all this? Do you read Japanese or something?

um, are they scored at all because I can't make out any scoring. I take it you have to cut them out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can remember reading somewhere that if you add a drop or two of dishwashing liquid to the surface before applying the mask it makes it easier to manipulate and manouvre the mask into place before you burnish it down.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would suggest that you don't use them. The TIE's look better without the window. The studio models were built that way too.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
meh...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would suggest that you don't use them. The TIE's look better without the window. The studio models were built that way too.
:confused:
The FM TIE comes with a molded clear piece which includes the frames - hence the masking question.
If it were to be built without windows, you would have to do some pretty tricky cutting & filing around the frames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts