Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a briggs and stratton 253707 model engine. I am having issues with the flywheel turning. About a quarter turn after the magnet pass the magneto the flywheel becomes hard to turn. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
814 Posts
will the motor make a complete revolution with some effort? if so, I would have to take a guess that there may be a high spot on the crankshaft, or your fighting compression :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it will turn a full rotation if I put a little force in it and if I remove the spark plug it turns a lot easier. Another thing I noticed is that it makes a "chuuuhh" sound when turning the flywheel and I get to that same spot where it gets hard to turn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update... I took off the valve cover and checked the gap. The exhaust valve looks like it was ground down too much by the former owner it's .15 instead of .09-.11. So I am going to replace it and see if that helps. Is there anything else i should be looking at? Thanks for the help I am new to this so everything and anything is helpfull.

hd4ou,
I can pull it through with the pull cord but it's tough. The electronic started also has a hard time.

·
Registered
814 Posts
that exhaust valve is probably your problem, cause the compression release is on the exhaust valve, since it isn't in spec, it isn't working the way it should

1 - 7 of 7 Posts