Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Those are cool!! Thanks for posting the link! I wonder if they can be downloaded into MS Flight Simulator? A buddy of mine has that and I think he'd enjoy flying the FS-1!!

Huzz

·
Registered
375 Posts
Watching the speeds at which that thing has to travel in order to stay airborne makes you realize that landing on water that isn't perfectly calm would really tear that puppy up. Don't get me wrong - I've always loved VTTBOTS - but this is obviously a fictional vehicle given the types of mission it was flying!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember the original miniature FX showed the FS blasting from beneath the surface and nose-diving into the water. Ouch! Having it take off and land like a seaplane is certainly more believable, if a flying submarine can be believable at all.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
scotpens said:
Remember the original miniature FX showed the FS blasting from beneath the surface and nose-diving into the water. Ouch! Having it take off and land like a seaplane is certainly more believable, if a flying submarine can be believable at all.
The original take-off showed the FS popping out of the water, traveling across the water surface, then lifting off. The effects scene was later edited down to show the FS popping out of the water, and lifting off. This was probably done to save screen time.

When they first introduced the FS, they showed them going through a pre-flight check list that included the mention of rockets to assist in the take-off from the water. They also had a nice view. past the pilots out of the windows as they dropped from the Seaview, didn't use it much, but it is a nice scene.

David.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
Those are cool!! Thanks for posting the link! I wonder if they can be downloaded into MS Flight Simulator? A buddy of mine has that and I think he'd enjoy flying the FS-1!!

Huzz
There is an FS-1 for Flight Sim... I have it somewhere on my machine... plus Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Jupiter 2, a Star Trek:TOS shuttle, a X-Wing, the Millenium Falcon... :dude:

Edit: After having watched the first vid... that is the Flight Sim FS-1. I got it from pendercrafts.com... last I saw, they were working on a LIS Space Pod too.. that was a couple years back, probably finished it by now.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That was awesome animation!

I LOVE the Flying Sub, even with all of it's questionable aspects of it actually flying! I don't care; it's a beautiful little ship! I've got a couple of the Monogram releases in my stash. I gotta get off my butt and "schedule" one in for fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts