Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I you haven't been FOCARed yet then you need to make the trip down to RPM speedway and try it. RPM is a nice medium sized carpet track that has good traction and the layout provides excellent racing. Plus the Focar staff puts on a good show with Kenny Homes on the mic. they Have a good raffle and the is pleanty of pit space did I mention it is Air conditioned!!!! even if you don't come to race just sit and watch see if Mike Boylan can regain his form there is to much action and rivals to list come check it out!!!!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
well well well looks like dave has caught the bug? lol thanks dave.....

saturday from 2 pm til 11 pm will be practice i think scott charges 10.00 for the entire day of practice? and 5.00 for half the day. sunday august 15th there will be practice from 7 am til 10:45 am racing to begin at 11:30 am it's a sunday and i expect a nice crowd again. we will do our best to get you all home at a decent hour. 8 pm should be our goal.. kenny holmes is awesome! he runs a great show and his experience from the snowbirds doesn't hurt either. the man is a profesional and without kenny focars is sunk! i look forward to meeting some new racers and the old faces sunday august 15th. any questions please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Do my eyes deceive me? So dave you gonna share that setup to someone who has never ran on carpet and at RPM?

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carpet setup for RPM on a Box Stock Team Associated 10L4 first the easy stuff

tires 3 magentas purple rf all TRC a protoform hd Monte carlo Bud's medium bi-level wing with level removed. Jack the gripper tire traction full rear outside 1/2 lf and inside 1/4 rf

front end LF wolfe red spring with IRS king pin +1deg camber ) deg castor 5 hole hyperdrive block in the 3rd hole.
RF wolfe green spring irs king pin -1 deg camber 2 + castor 5 hole block in the 2nd hole

center 40 wt with silver spring pod level side shocks silva hard coated blue springs on both 40 wt I run the 4 cell try in the middle position with batts all the way out oh yah I run a straight up pod with a .075 t plate.

ride height was 5.5 front and rear. I cut tires down to 2.300 rear and 2.280 front.

when using Jack the gripper it is a must to clean the tires after a couple of runs just spray motor spray on a rag and wipe with a blue shop rag. apply the gripper 4 heats before then wipe dry with blue shop towel 1 heat before.

gearing i stayed ran a 38 pin 104 spur till after the second qual then went to a 39/106 with a ultra slug I ran 4383 brush full face purple spring and cut it and new brushes every run.

this is pretty much the setup that I have used @ HW and Stricklands actually the only difference is I didn't use tire sauce there.

hope that helps. I can see Katf1sh cutting and pasting right now. Mmmmmmmuuuhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Awesome job Dave on the carpet!!! Thanks for the room also in the mains... but next time race me hard - I like that LOL.

Can't wait to do it again soon..... BOX STOCK all the way!!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man that was alot of fun My car started to push really bad in the main but was getting better. when you caught me the smarter thing to do was to pull over and follow well try to follow lol anyway I know why the car pushed and it won't happen again. "your putty in my hands" next time!!!!! had to quote Stroker Ace there.

He Mike sir could you post a set up for RPM.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Keep it up Dave...we'll have to move up one spot on the World's Greatest RC driver list. Don't worry Brad don't go on the oval side. LOL

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks eugene if you need anything let me know the gargemahaul is always open.

·
Registered
807 Posts
hey i was just outside and saw daves head floating by.hahahahahahahaahaa you gotta give props were there due.dave is awesome on this carpet stuff.i for one dont like it as you could tell by my car.when will focar run some asphalt??maybe half the races on carpet half on asphalt? later bear

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
bear next year we will be forced to run some outdoor races! hobby world may very well be on my short list! we bring the tech dept,plaques and announcer. they have to prep the track and open the gates! i think they may be able to get that right? lol

dave i'm going to cut copy and paste your set-up and put it on the focar page! i have been begging guys to post some set-ups so i can put them up on the web page. this helps all the guys coming from out of town. gives them an idea on where to start.

i also got your PM i am on the same page with you bro...not a problem!

phil owen called me..i guess he cant stand missing out on a good time after all? he is supposed to show up august 14th at strickland and august 15th at rpm..neil is also coming down ..the biggest suprise so far in 3 races has been the lack of regular stock entries and the amount of 19 turn entries? and the same racer just dominating 4 cell pro stock? i paid boylan to beat padilla but even he couldn't muster up a win?

i hope you guys sent a email to mr. wise at rpm ? let him know rpm rocks! keep it open!

bear thank god you dont have to win to have fun..rich baran was just as ugly as you are on carpet. it took him 2 years..but now he just won the tightest 19 turn field i have raced in. tires are a big factor.. rocket miller should be able to get you fast?

i'm working on the points tonight and will get them posted on the web site as well send everyone an email.. spread the good word fellas..rpm and focars.....peace

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yah I can't wait. I know there are a few guys coming down form jacksonville to run stock just don't know if they will be able to knock cherry picker off the top. lol I have been work the last few nights on my new hyperdrive 9000R 1/12th there are still a few things that i need to get like a body, reciever, speedo, batteries, and a set-up. I haven't run 12th on carpet in 9 years and alot has changed. i posted on the hyperdrive thread but haven't recieved any pointers yet. i need to know things like wheelbase and stuff any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know I am looking forward to race 4. Hope to not win the dark cloud award again. I am working hard on the new car. It is about 3/4 of the way done. Katf1sh you are right, you don't have to win to have fun.

Lee

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
lee do yourself a favor and print out the 19 turn set-up that either jake or i ran on the jph web site. it is exactly what i run...it will get your car going in the right direction.

·
Registered
807 Posts
how could it not be fun,i did my part and kept tony p out of the 19t a main,do i get a free race for that??????????????????? i will try again in a couple of weeks.bear

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
good point bear! ahhahaahhahahah maybe a raffle ticket? he he

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you never know what you'll win in the raffle!!!!!!!!! man this car is sweet!!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I cant wait for the next race. Its a victory to me just to make the A main in 19T. If I can stay in the top 10 in points I will be very happy.

My KSG was realy good on the carpet i think I can get it better. The fish ran me down as i was trying so hard to catch Rich Boham(?) (The red car). We were 3 cars nose to tail for 5 or 6 laps. It was all good clean racing too. What a blast.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i honestly wish i could race like that every weekend! just a pleasure to race with the guys we have in our series. some of these guys couldn't make the B main last year. now there running for the lead..best part is ...i think it can get even better? i know i want to see padilla run 4 cell stock this year at the birds and see where he stands with the big dogs. yeah trask that red car was a real eye sore! lol we all had nice nascar themes and this rookie paints a red body? heck even lawson had a hooters ride! tisk tisk bumler! AHAHAAHAH

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
BADDOG17 said:
The fish ran me down as i was trying so hard to catch Rich Boham(?) (The red car). We were 3 cars nose to tail for 5 or 6 laps. It was all good clean racing too. What a blast.
Traski, its Boehmler .... :wave: .... its even spelled right on my FOCAR card!

I agree the racing in the main was clean, fast and fun.... you, me and fish need to get a little bit faster and we'll get up there and mix it up for the top spot next race hopefully :thumbsup: . maybe by then i'll have some numbers on my all red car...cough, cough,,,ronnie...cough cough .....lolololol.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got My new 12th scale rolling and 9650 digital servo installed just waiting on the receiver novak xxl and a Novak GT7 speedo. I also picked up some more red screws to intensify the bling. I called Mcallaster and the bodies are on the way. if you haven't had the chance to deal with them yet you need too.

Hey Cdog how did you like running the Dodge Body?

hey Fish where are the pictures at from the race???

1 - 20 of 112 Posts