Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering if any Johnny Lightning cars had this type of paint? I did my motorcycle in this paint, and it changes from purple, to blue, and to bronze, depending on the lighting, and the sunlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Nice bike Al.

I don't know if JL has ever used chameleon paint, but ClearHooter had a post in the customizing forum showing a Matchbox TVR he did with color change nail polish, with good results.

·
Registered
290 Posts
$$$$$$$

I remember that we looked into this. The factory couldn't mix the paint so it had to be purchased elsewhere and shipped to them. That, along with the high cost of the paint itself, prevented any JL car from wearing it.

Note that I can speak for Playing Mantis and RC2 through 2007 but don't know after that.

I believe that Action/Racing Collectibles used DuPont ChromaLusion paint on 1:64 and 1:24th-scale Jeff Gordon cars...maybe others.

Mac

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I remember that we looked into this. The factory couldn't mix the paint so it had to be purchased elsewhere and shipped to them. That, along with the high cost of the paint itself, prevented any JL car from wearing it.

Note that I can speak for Playing Mantis and RC2 through 2007 but don't know after that.

I believe that Action/Racing Collectibles used DuPont ChromaLusion paint on 1:64 and 1:24th-scale Jeff Gordon cars...maybe others.

Mac
HI Mac long time no see. Hope you are doing well. If you have a chance stop in at RetroFest tomorrow if you have some free time. The details are on the diecast shows and events section

·
Registered
290 Posts
RetroFest

Doing just fine, thank you. But dang! I wish I'd known about RetroFest. Clearly I should read the Shows and Events section. I can't make it, but I'll read that forum from now on!

Thanks for your kind words and for thinking of me.

Mac

PS: I read this board almost every day. But I don't post unless I have something to add. It may seem like I've been away, but I never left!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
PS: I read this board almost every day. But I don't post unless I have something to add. It may seem like I've been away, but I never left![/QUOTE]

MAC, I do appreciate the response about the Chameleon paint. I think I would have had one or two if JL would have offered them, I just like keeping everyone on their toes, sometimes you get some very good responses (such as yours). Stay well, Al.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts