Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a indoor spot at a flea market and I borrow a small table in her space. The weather was beautiful this weekend so there were a few outdoor vendors set up. I needed to stretch my legs so I went out to look. In a flat glass top display case I found this:

I asked what he wanted for the little car and got the 5 minute speech about how rare these race cars are, how he has sold hundreds of them, how he track tests each one, how the chassis is what everyone wants and not the bodies, blah, blah, blah. When he was finally done yammering on, he said he wanted $4.00. I offered him $3.00 and he took it.

Marty

·
Registered
806 Posts
Too funny Marty. Love the speech with the sales pitch. Expecially that the chassis is worth more than the body. I kinda question the track tested!
Nice Find.
Jim

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too funny Marty. Love the speech with the sales pitch. Expecially that the chassis is worth more than the body. I kinda question the track tested!
Nice Find.
Jim
He does that with EVERTHING he sells!! His speech always starts out with "Those are really rare". He had beat up, used, abused, Hot Wheels for $1.00 each. He didn't know I was selling NIP HW for $0.75 each or 2/$1.00 inside.

Marty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts