Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool old metal garage I found at a flea market a couple weeks ago. Works good with my old Corgis...

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
that is awesome:thumbsup:i think i had one when i was little but if i remember it fell under a godzilla attack and got flattend.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That's a wonderful garage. Great vintage metal and graphics, and the Corgis look right at home.

Those Corgis sure bring back old memories. Had them all as a kid except my Riviera was painted metallic copper. Its 'working' head and tail lights were so cool. The Ghia L6.4 was a real favorite. Amazing styling, all four panels opened, and there was a little corgi dog in the back window. Oh, and that red and black Marlin. I loved that car. Still do. :thumbsup:

Speaking of the Ghia, Frank Sinatra drove a black 1961 L6.4 back in the day. I saw it on display at the National Auto Museum in Reno several years ago and it's a very very sharp looking car. No corgi though. The National is a great museum with many of the cars set in full size dioramas or street scenes. A lot of the old Bill Harrah car collection ended up in Reno. :cool:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool old garage. It must be old,I've never even heard of Allstate motor oil. Any idea when it was made?
Not sure how old it is, I haven't done any research yet. My guess is late '50s to early '60s. Nothin' like sharp rusty metal for the kiddies to play with. Its missing some gas pumps and maybe a lift on the side and some pieces on the roof. I bought this and an Ertl 1/64 '70s Chevy stepside Bell telephone promo still in the package for 10 bucks.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Not sure how old it is, I haven't done any research yet. My guess is late '50s to early '60s. Nothin' like sharp rusty metal for the kiddies to play with. Its missing some gas pumps and maybe a lift on the side and some pieces on the roof. I bought this and an Ertl 1/64 '70s Chevy stepside Bell telephone promo still in the package for 10 bucks.

$10,wow! what a deal...congrats on the find :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice just add some out of business or closed signs to help with that look of an abandoned service station that is on old route 66 that had to close due to the highways bypassing service stations

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool old pics, thanks for posting them. That one looks like a deluxe version, mine doesn't have all of the extra stuff like the elevator and the other opening door in the front.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very cool old pics, thanks for posting them. That one looks like a deluxe version, mine doesn't have all of the extra stuff like the elevator and the other opening door in the front.
Yours does look like it could have had the car wash(big rust spot) and the elevator might have pulled off. I can see the out line were the wall was and a bit of the tin is missing. Also yours has a blue road not black as the catalog has.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts