Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy my husband an mp3 player but i just realized today that there are flash memory mp3 players and hard drive mp3 players. what is the difference? i tried to google it and all i got was that the difference was memory size. flash players usually go up to 1gb while hard drive players go up to 60gb. there is a mp3 players at bestbuy i really liked SanDisk Sansa e270 but it is a flash player but it hold more than 1gb?????? can somebody please explain to me what the difference is.

which kind should i buy.
its for my husband. he has lots of music he would love to put in the mp3 player. and he will be using it every second of the day he can including while he exercises.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have a 1gb samsung mp3 player flash drive, i have not yet filled it up. 1 gb holds about 300 songs. from what i understand the hard drive players are more delicate (if you drop them, or have them on something vibrating, etc.) they may not work. i think that the flash drive players are a little tougher (they can take vibration, etc.), but you sacrifice disc size for durability. i chose to go with a flash drive player because i listen to it while working (landscaping) beating the heck out of it (vibrating on mowers and ocasionaly droping it). i did purchase a seperate hard case for it, otherwise it probably still wouldn't be working.
i looked at the sandisk sansa e270 @ http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=147769&cmArea=SEARCH it says it's a flash player that holds 6gb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a couple of differences between the flash drive players and the hard drive players. It all depends on what you want and how you will use it. The flash drive players are supposed to be more durable, but the hard disk players have more options. I have an IPod video (30 GB). It does it all. It will store all of your music, some movies, pictures, and Podcasts (TV shows downloaded from the net). I use mine all the time. It is very durable. I use it while doing yardwork, and it hasn't skipped yet. And they are coming down in price (IPOD 30 GB @ Wal-Mart = $250). So, decide how your husband will use it, and what he'd be happy with. I love mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts