Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Edge,

Checked out your pictures, They look real good. As John said, like the name. I was glad to see the tug pictures. Tonight I am painting on mine. I have been working on it since IVAN hit Alabama. I have been ejoying the kit. I hope mine look as good.

Lloyd

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ditto on the name. That's also the name of a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier - CVN-76, the USS Ronald Reagan. I find the comparison to be appropriate.

...did you know that a Nimitz class aircraft carrier is longer, heavier, and has over 12x the crew of the original Starship Enterprise?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.

I didn't know those facts RoguePink. Did you notice the registration
is NCC-2176, in honor of CVN-76?

Later,

Dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
Beautiful model with a great name. :thumbsup:
I wanted to build a dreadnaught conversion but it looks like they are discontinued. :(
Oh well I'll just have to trot out the old scratchbuilding skills even though I vowed to never unlease that awesome power again. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Great job, Edge! An excellent build with a perfectly fitting name.

Stimpy, it's my understanding that the conversion kits will once again be made available sometime after the first of the year.

·
Starship Class
11,880 Posts
Incredible! Looks great and is very authentic to the FJD designs.

I really like the way the decals are done, too.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,239 Posts
ThomasModels said:
Wow! Those look really nice!

Someday, I'd like to be able to complete a set.
You just keep doin' what you're doin'! :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Trek Ace said:
Stimpy, it's my understanding that the conversion kits will once again be made available sometime after the first of the year.
I hope you are right. They look like spot on versions of the original design.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Stimpson J. Cat said:
Beautiful model with a great name. :thumbsup:
I wanted to build a dreadnaught conversion but it looks like they are discontinued. :(
Oh well I'll just have to trot out the old scratchbuilding skills even though I vowed to never unlease that awesome power again. :tongue:
I've still got two left (Dreadnought Conversions) in my inventory, just haven't bothered to update my inventory listing on the website.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Right Now just the two dreadnought kits, Earlier this week I sold the containers, tug and scout I had left. My websites got the price on it. Oh and I still have 5 of the 1000 scale Botany Bays that Botany Enterprise put out. Nice detailed kit too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just sent you an e-mail. I'll take one if you have any left.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts