Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect?

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series?

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price?

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting?

(5) How long have you been collecting JL's?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Dadvball said:
pretty much JL only, been gettin into GL though

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series?
lately, with cash flow to a minimum, I can't afford to get complete series.

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price?
definitely, this is why I have very few Gold Series

The corvair ;)

since I was 10 (7 years)
:thumbsup: :cool: :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Dadvball said:
Brand X that I like

Just the castings I like.

I'll buy it if I like it, and the price is fair. If not I'll wait until I move to Canada, and open up 50 cases per store for $1 a car.

Any 1st generaton Camaro.

Since 1995.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect? I guess right now it's Jada, but only for the Ford COEs for some projects I got cookin' :devil:

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series? Neither. For example, I bought 3 of the 4 castings from the recent Working Class series. (or is that being specific? :freak: )

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price? Listen, I'm not independently wealthy. There are some pieces I'd like to fill some holes, but I don't want holes in my wallet!

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting? '69 Impala (today, anyway :tongue: )

7 years

Where's my lovely parting gift?? :hat:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Matchbox but not to the extent of JL.

Specific castings but some sets too.

Price does rule but if I've been a good boy then there is room for begging!

'69 Impala now. Was the '63 Impala, pretty predictable huh?

Six, seven years maybe. Cant remember.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Dadvball said:
Greenlight

Specific castings. Whatever I think looks good

If I want it I'll get it. Bad habit.

That changes. I dont have the Vair yet. Still partial to the 73 Charger SE

3 years now to the month, wow... Thanks for the reminder

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect? I started collecting some GLs and have some HWs but my JLs are 90% of my collection

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series? Mainly on specific castings now

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price? It makes me think about it

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting? 1st generation Camaros

(5) How long have you been collecting JL's?10 years
xxxxx

·
Registered
12,345 Posts

Hot Wheels. Yeah, you want to make something of it???

Specific castings, and only variations that I like. I have a couple series I'm trying to finish, but I think those 3 or 4 I have working are it for me.

I will buy what I like, regardless of the price, within reason. I will not get into the gotta have it now bidding thing. I wait for the prices to drop or I don't get that particular item.

#853 of course (Shelby Cobra Daytona for those without a clue. :) )

I used to pick them up for trade bait, since 1998, but started collecting JLs in 2000 or so and seriously in 2001-2002.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect? Matchbox and Guiness :dude:

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series? I buy what I like, some sets like working class military :thumbsup:

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price? Sometimes the prices are ok, but impulse buying is my vice :devil:

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting? Toss up between the CJ-5 :dude: and the Landcruiser :cool:

7 years in animal years :tongue:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
hot wheels,nothing else out there right now

only a few castings,and nothing with non-car tampos[like monopoly]

price doesn`t matter on any non-wl piece.

the 71 `Cuda conv. for now[still waiting for the hardtop version]

I`ve had a couple dozen for many years,but actually collecting them started in December 2004 when I found this site

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Hot Wheels
I am all over the place
Price will get me to buy more than I need, but if I want it I will buy it regardless of price
1st generation Camaro
5 years

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Probably Jada because they are coming out with the most product right now

I try not to collect duplicates of the same castings with poor results. My goal would be have castings of many different real cars.

I will buy what I like

I would say Cobra Daytona

I would say a bit before the 10th anniversary cars came out, not exactly sure

·
Registered
40 Posts
1- JL is actually my second favorite to Matchbox (Lesney)
2- I concentrate on castings i like...Jeeps, Hearses, The cars that you don't as often.
3- I will buy because I like it.
4- Jeep CJ-5
5- Since Playing Mantis restarted JL.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect? There isn't one. I was really into the direct mail Matchboxes, but they're gone. I have been buying up all of the CARS pieces.

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series? I used to buy the whole series, but I can't fit them anymore, so now I just buy what I like.

Of course price influences me. I don't need these cars, I like them. I need to pay my mortgage and my car payment.

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting? Too hard to call - The Munster's Coach has gotta be up there. The 1968 GT500, the 1971 Mach 1.....I could go on and on.

I guess about 11 years

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect?I have a good number of HWs and MBs probably about the same number

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series?VW is in da House! Bugs, busses, things, Ghias Love dem VWs

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price?Price dosent influence me much but I've dropped collecting the 1/18, 1/32, 1/24, and concentrate on the 1/64's. I guess that saves $

1950-51 Split Window Bug! SWEET! The 1960 Transporter is a close second with the 1979 Convertable bringing up a very respectable third.

How Long have they been making VWs? that long. Thanks for the questions. :wave:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Dadvball said:
Hot Wheels and Matchbox.

specific castings

Buy it because I like it.

Fireball 500
I lifted my first JL(an AAR Cuda) in 2001 from a friend. I picked up the pace around 2003, and started paying for them too. :dude:
:hat: ;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect?Matchbox, with Greenlight coming up quick.

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series?With JL, the complete series.

(3) Does price have any influence on how you buy, or will you "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price? "buy it because you like it" regardless of the price

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting?'65 Mustang 2+2

(5) How long have you been collecting JL's?6-7 years

:thumbsup: :wave:

JP2

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Dadvball said:
(1) After JL, what's the next most popular brand you collect? Tootsietoy

(2) Do you concentrate on specific castings, or do you prefer to buy the complete series? Specific Castings

(4) What is your #1 favorite JL casting? 71 Cuda Convertible

Good Questions

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts

Greenlight

Just buy what i want. I'll buy 2+ if I really like it.

My pockets aren't that deep, but I have paid obscene amounts of $ for diecast

70 Chevelle or the Gremlin (even though it's way too big)

10 years

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
GreenLight Collectibles

Series

Price does matter

'62 Bel Air

since 1994

1 - 20 of 29 Posts