Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
This is my first post, so here goes.

I've been admiring everyone's work here and would like to share my version of the Star Wars Speeder Bike.

I scratch built a few things here and there. Packs were for a long duration mission idea I had.

Thanks for sharing all the great work and help!! - Athan :)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

I might add the rider in the future. I have such a short attention span...:rolleyes:

I moved on to kit bashing some 1/1000 enterprise kits.

Athan

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Quite excellent. I've got one of these in the wings and will reference your work as an ideal to strive for. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Very Nice :thumbsup: I really like the weathering you've done. Also, I must agree with Rob about the little details you've added. Superb work!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!! I have found this group to be of great inspiration for me. keep up the great work! Athan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I did was paint the base color and let it dry completely. Dot the areas I wanted with liquid mask. I painted the top color then removed the mask bits. Pretty easy and it gives a very convincing chipped look. I think the key to a nice chipped look, is to be able to "see" the depth of the layers of paint. As a side note: if you paint the top layer a little heavy, the layer of paint will "tear" a little as you remove the mask, and that makes it look very random. Athan

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
do you "spatter" the liquid mask on to get the random look?

that's the problem I have with using it...It always looks too "planned" when i do it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just start plopping it down and use a few different size sticks. I did remove some that I thought was too even looking. It's one of those "less is more" things!! I tried to pay attention to "where" the chipping would occur and I think that helped a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts