Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. This is my first post.

20 years ago I was the President and primary host of a monthly diecast collecting community in NE Indiana. Each month on the third Tuesday evening a group of ~ 30 or 40 diecast collectors would gather and have a great time buying and selling toys, racing and entering the monthly Diecast Customizing Contest. We also collected a small $3.00 fee from each attendee and donated the proceeds to a children's home. It was a great time, but eventually it became a big "Hot Wheels scalp-fest" and not as much fun. However, it was wonderful while it lasted.

Each month several of us would build a diecast entry and compete against one another. We didn't have nearly as many different wheel and tire combinations as are currently available, and perhaps our entries were not quite as sophisticated as the cars that are out there nowadays, but we held our own.

I'll post some photos after I post a few messages. Glad to be here. JP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First Winner...

A few pictures from my first "winner" -- the first week of competition. HW Chevy Pickup...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Annual Champion

This custom won the First Annual Championship Contest. Hot Wheels Ford Aerostar Van.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Those are sweet, it's easy to see how much work you put into them. I love the way the engines and chrome shines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The yellow Ford was an old Racing Champions Stock Car.

I agree -- I'm sorta partial to the Flashsider 4 x 4 Pickup myself! JP

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sweet...I need to look through my RC cars again sometime and pick one to do up. They had a lot of interesting rides, but engines were a bit lacking. Ive robbed a lotta their wheels in the past tho!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts