Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my freind is getting a hyperdrive pro 4 and i wanted to get started in oval really bad.. would that be a good car to start out with?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
gen 1 would prolly b a lil easier to start out with, not the best car but it a lil easier than a gen 2, not as much stuff to worry bout...
I'll agree with this. I just purchased a used Gen 1 this past Summer and everything regarding the setup thus far has been super simple.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Best car for the money in my opinion is the 10R5 Associated car. You can find it for $265. right here on the for sale forum, that includes everything except tires, body and electronics. And the setup in the manual and the one online is great on the track. Easiest car I've ever built.

BUUUUUTTTTT the one to get is the one that most of the guys at the track you're going to race at run. They will be able to provide hands on help for the particular chassis and you will save yourself a ton of money by going and talking to them first. Someone might even offer to sell you one of their old ones to get started at a discount price.

Bill

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for the help still not sure which one ill go with but i have a great idea of the one i might choose

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I prefer Leading edge cars, but they are just chassis kits. You have to have your own front suspension, shocks, motor plates, ect to put on them.

I run a LE Hangman in our single cell/13.5 class. Awesome car.

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Best car for the money in my opinion is the 10R5 Associated car. You can find it for $265. right here on the for sale forum, that includes everything except tires, body and electronics. And the setup in the manual and the one online is great on the track. Easiest car I've ever built.

BUUUUUTTTTT the one to get is the one that most of the guys at the track you're going to race at run. They will be able to provide hands on help for the particular chassis and you will save yourself a ton of money by going and talking to them first. Someone might even offer to sell you one of their old ones to get started at a discount price.

Bill

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

I own both the Pro 4 and the 10R5. As Bill stated can't beat the 10R5 for the money. Very easy to build and get dialed in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts