Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year!

I hope you're having fun bringing in the new year. Me, I'm slaving away over a hot computer getting the stuff you want to know plugged into the WonderFest online flyer. It should be up there in lights in a day or two. Keep checking http://www.wonderfest.com/news.htm!

Thought you Babylon 5 fans would want to know that Peter "Londo Mollari" Jurasik is confirmed and coming to the show. He's a great guy. I met him in Vegas at the Star Trek Experience and he couldn't be friendlier and more approachable.

There's lots more to report, but I'm gonna be a tease and get back to work.

Lee

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Oooh, kewel! I like Peter Jurasik! I can't think of a role I've seen him in that I didn't like - even tho one or two of the shows were kinda forgetful. I've always heard good stuff about him being very fan-friendly.

We gotta get Jon Kunatz (from Starship Modeler) to talk to him. I want to hear Jurasik use his Londo voice and call him "Cabin Boy Vir!" :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Woo-hoo!

Thanks, Lee. Wonderfest is a highlight of my year.

Always glad to hear you're at work on the next one!

M.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Great News!

I got a chance to meet Peter in a very small setting down in Wilmington, NC (where I believe he still lives) and I have to agree that he is one of the most personable "famous" people I've ever met.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Crazy Joe, an Assassin of Joy? Heck, I think he causes more mirth than anything. But, I'd wager that's an inside joke since I can't claim to know Joe as well as I'd like.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe does a really good "Londo" impersonation and uses that particular phrase from time to time, among others.

So it's not an insult, just something I'd like to see.

Lee

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Coming from you, it never occured to me that you were possibly being insulting. Just a weird handle I couldn't see Joe wearing, being as the comment from Londo was aimed at Vir.

'Course, now that I know the rest of the story....

:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Peter Jurasik is a great guy. Met him at Farpoint about ten years ago in Maryland along with James Darren from Time Tunnel, TJ Hooker, DS9, etc.

Won't be able to make Wonderfest this year. Both my publisher and I will be at BaltiCon that weekend promoting our respective books, doing readings, etc. Plus, other than an ERTL X-Wing that I finished late last year, I don't have anything for the contest.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I am going to miss what will probably be my last time in the firing room for the STS-132 mission if it holds to a launch date of May 14 as I will be driving to Wonderfest from Florida. My wife says unless they slip the launch she is going to support launch but Wonderfest is once a year and I am not going to miss it! Hopefully we will slip launch. But we both watched the entire Babylon 5 series on DVD and enjoyed it immensely, even her, so maybe that would tweak her a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
My main reason a lot of folks - myself included - go to WF isn't to enter models, but for the camaarderie. The Dealers Room is another big draw, but the contest itself is pretty much a secondary/tertiary concern.

Regardless, have fun in Baltimore.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Can't miss the Fest!

Even a job layoff and a down economy can't keep me away! It may keep me from purchasing as much as I'd like, but even so, the atmosphere, the presentations, the displays... it's always a highlight of my year.

Last year our gang of 4 all had various scheduling issues that prevented us from spending our traditional time together including dinner and the off-site movie. I'm hoping this year, things improve. Darn family and job commitments always get in the way of the fun. :p

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
If you make it, you gotta let me know how to get hold of you, or let me give you my contact info, dude! You're one of several folks whom I know has been, yet I've never met.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am going to miss what will probably be my last time in the firing room for the STS-132 mission if it holds to a launch date of May 14 as I will be driving to Wonderfest from Florida.
Well I'm hoping that the launch does get bumped back a few days so I can do WF and then make it down to Florida in time to see the bird go up.

My main reason a lot of folks - myself included - go to WF isn't to enter models, but for the camaraderie.
Absolutely! Unless I was to bring a model over as hand luggage I can't see myself bringing anything over. And then lugging it around the States for two weeks...
It's the people who make the weekend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
My main reason a lot of folks - myself included - go to WF isn't to enter models, but for the camaarderie. The Dealers Room is another big draw, but the contest itself is pretty much a secondary/tertiary concern.

Regardless, have fun in Baltimore.

Griff-- Agreed! I certainly wasn't implying that the contest was the only reason I go. WF is a great show and yes, I spend oodles of money on plastic and resin! I have a great time at the pool party/parts swap, Sci-Fi U, etc.

I've been attending SF cons since the 80s and I love the company! And were it not for cons, I wouldn't have met my fiancee, my publisher or for that matter, most of my circle of friends! It's the fans that make the cons.

Have a good one!
Phil

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm ashamed to say but I live in Louisville and have never been.:freak:
I never knew it even existed until about three years ago. There is no advertising of it here locally.
Since I found out about it I haven't been able to make it because of work:(.
But this year I will try.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I'm ashamed to say but I live in Louisville and have never been.:freak:
I never knew it even existed until about three years ago. There is no advertising of it here locally.
Since I found out about it I haven't been able to make it because of work:(.
But this year I will try.
You live in Louisville and couldn't make it, not even for one of the 2 and half days? You are obviously not a true scifi/monster modeling geek then! I drove all the way from Florida last year and it was great. I am even going to miss supporting my last shuttle launch this year since currently the dates conflict. But after going to my first one last year I am hooked and plan on being there this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol!
Well... my geek side just has always been tethered to my need to pay the bills so sometimes it must suffer. It doesn't help having a wife who thinks it's all nonsense. That leads to the notion of a party at my place for WF..... my wife packs heat so any sign of pointed ears with raised eye brows or light sabers and she shoots first and answers no questions.
My biggest project is my Darth Vader true to life, lol, costume. It has a full voice system and music. Every event I've done basically sends someone away with fear. That was last line for her. Between the cost and time that went into it she is anti-scifi.
I suspect she is a Romulan spy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts