Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang!

I know what you're thinking, that the middle of February is way late to be having the first Dremel Salute for 2010. Well, you're right; what with working on the book, the Winter Olympics, and the current Administration's woeful inability to license nuclear-powered rotary hand tools in a timely manner, I am running late. But that just means more newbies to salute, right? Now, all you guys and gals (?) who haven't yet had your Dremel Salute gather round here in the clubhouse.

Oh, look - there's my buddy, John Payne! C'mon up here, buddy... Isn't that cute, he's a little shy. Maybe a couple of you bigger newbies could ah, assist him...that's it, have a seat. What's that? A liquid on the cushions? Why, I believe you're right...it couldn't be - oh, it is! - my bottle of super glue must've gotten emptied there by accident, and now you've gone and sat in it, tsk, tsk. We'll get you out right after the Dremel Salute...

Of course, for that we'll need a Dremel tool, and for that - voila! Allow me to unveil the 2010 Anniversary Europa model Magnagouger! Ain't she a beaut? I particularly like the sulphur yellow paint job. Just for the occasion I've chucked in the obsidian Monolith bit that can cut square holes (dunno how, but that's what it says on the instructions). Okay, I'll just take it off the wall sconce...*whuff*...aluminum casing my foot, the lead shielding's still an attention-getter.

Now to fire this bad boy up...safeties off...couple of taps on the primer...crank up the anti-matter inducers...(is it getting hot in here? Ol' John-boy sittin' over there is sweating bullets)...kick the starter and - BBAAAAAAOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Does my heart good, to hear this big chunk of metal, plastic, and enriched uranium humming so sweetly! And now for the Salute: WELCOME NEWBIES!!!

And now I have a salute for you, John - HEY! Where'd he go? What's that? He had some super glue debonder on him?!? Who the heck runs around with a pantload of super glue debonder? :eek: Slipped in this puddle of debonder...YAK! This is slippery stuff!! FWIP! CRUNCH!! Ungghh...fell into the puddle of debonder...the puddle of FLAMMABLE debonder!!! Gotta get rid of the 'Gouger before it ignites puddle - *hunfff!*

Didn't get it too far. It landed on the chair...the chair with the super glue on it... :eek: Uh oh, the Monolith cutter's stuck to the chair - CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!! CLUNK!!! The 'Gouger's spinning the chair!!! Look out before the chair breaks apart and - THOCK! :drunk: - somebody get's whacked by a piece...thud

...oh my head...skull fractures never get any easier...hey, there's my buddy, John P. Do us a favor an' kill the power to the Magnagouger before it touches off the debonder, willya, pal? Hah?

Yeah I didn't think so, either.

WHOOOF!!!

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
There goes Mark ...making an ASH of himself.....:p

Hey ...isn't that John P. watching the Blaze in the blue T-shirt???
Mcdee

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
explain to me what a dremel salute is?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
It's always a good salute when I ralph at least two times....now where are my meds and the Pepto biz?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
'Say....Whatever became of the 2010 Anniversary Europa model Magnagouger', asked Chris (Auroranut)...

'There it goes now!' replied John P. 'Leaving the Earths' gravity at Mach II...'

'Coooool' cried all the Newbies in unison...

BEST DREMEL SALUTE EVER!!!

Mcdee:p

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Yup...it's been quite a long time but always a spectacle!

I like the 2010 Anniversary Europa model Magnagouger version....nice color too!

You newbies okay?:freak:

Those cuts take a little while to heal but you'll all be okay!:thumbsup:

MMM

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooooh...thecolors, the colors...man, the Burn Unit here in South Bend always delivers with the pain killers...

Mages, here's a link that explains the Dremel Salute in detail: http://www.tylisaari.com/polar/PLBBTraditions.htm. It'll have to do - it's too hard to type with all these bandages on. Have a good weekend, guys; I will, as long as I can find that painkiller thingie...:freak:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
ALRIGHT!!!! I want to know who's responsible for letting Mark get his hands on another Magnagougher! Heads will roll for this!

WHACK!!! CLUMP, CLUMP, CLUMP!

See, there goes one now! Somebody take that blasted Dremel away from McGovern...NOW!

Meanwhile, I'll just stay in the back here with the USO girls. Move over Yama, don't hog all the hiding spots.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And I thought I was going to miss out on the salute again this year. :cry:

Well I was able to secure myself one of these atomic powered beasties and have been just waiting to fire it up. Let's see....plenty of bandanges, guaze, suture, ointment, and the ER number on speed dial. Time to hit the power switch......

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had my dremel with the flex shaft not turned off fully, I used it outside to cut something and came back in and was tired, and thought it was fully shut off, ovbiously not. The flex shaft fell from its perch and must have turned on the dremel.....tiny nitch on my brand new Tamiya 1/350 CVN Enterprise, right on the front at the right hand side, at the top of the hull....SOB.
:cry:

Now I need to putty....
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
My only advice is to make sure they don't graft skin from your butt to your face, not pretty and usually hairier :p

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Anyone seen ark undertaker since his mishap?.... er I mean salute .........
.......Oh nevermind....There he goes now...........

.................................................................................................................

Mcdee:wave:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts