Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I have been lurking around this site for a few weeks and thought it looked really fun to customize a hot wheel. I have messed around with restoring Dinky toys for about a two months now and have completed a few, but I am still learning and really enjoying the work and ideas on this site.

Here is a 56' Ford Flintstones Hot Wheel I did for a friend of mine that's a Ford mechanic. He always calls himself Whoops Automotive when he does side work to joke around. The truck now has his phone number above the automotive word on the side of the truck for a little more personalized touch

Thanks again for all the cool ideas and customs on here. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!! Yes I did the decals, designed the little W in Photoshop and printed it on clear laser decal paper. So far I'm loving this place. I just want to learn all I can. I think I'm addicted to this costomizing now lol....Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everyone for the kind remarks!! I was a little hesitant about posting it with all the cool customs on this site. I sure look forward to learning and seeing what all I can come up with. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Whoops?!!...Whoops?!!!...i don't wanna hear no whoops when yer werkin on my car!!!:D:lol::lol:
very nice indeed!!! and welcome to the madness:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks very much everyone for the welcome, Madness is right roadskare63 lol!!! I find myself now staring at every hot wheel in a store trying to figure out what I might be able to do with it. @Lummox I will try to get some pictures in the next day or so of my Dinky toys, I only have a couple that I redid and one that I customized, they aren't anything to spectacular. It was what I started attempting to air brush on. Guinea Pigs more or less

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again to everyone, I appreciate it....Here are a few Dinkys I have done, nothing spectacular. The Ambulance is the first attempt at repainting a toy I ever did as you can tell with the Medic Cross lol...it's horrible, I then moved on to the Fordson Truck and it turned out a little better.

I finally got myself the right detail paint brushes and that seemed to help a lot. I am still trying to learn all the tricks of this detail painting, it can be a nightmare as well as a fun challenge.

The Dinky Toys Van I did was an attempt like a personalized vehicle for my own website that I mess with as another small hobby.

The other Hot Wheel I did for my father, He always says he likes to Buy High and sell cheap to people since we are always going out to sales looking for things to buy, some to re-sell and most to keep and collect. Oh well, I hope you enjoy these few, like I said nothing too great to brag about.

The Dinky Ambulance

Fordson Dinky

Personalized Dinky Toys Van

Hope you Enjoy Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Thanks again to everyone, I appreciate it....Here are a few Dinkys I have done, nothing spectacular. The Ambulance is the first attempt at repainting a toy I ever did as you can tell with the Medic Cross lol...it's horrible, I then moved on to the Fordson Truck and it turned out a little better.

I finally got myself the right detail paint brushes and that seemed to help a lot. I am still trying to learn all the tricks of this detail painting, it can be a nightmare as well as a fun challenge.

The Dinky Toys Van I did was an attempt like a personalized vehicle for my own website that I mess with as another small hobby.

The other Hot Wheel I did for my father, He always says he likes to Buy High and sell cheap to people since we are always going out to sales looking for things to buy, some to re-sell and most to keep and collect. Oh well, I hope you enjoy these few, like I said nothing too great to brag about.

The Dinky Ambulance

Fordson Dinky

Personalized Dinky Toys Van

Hope you Enjoy Thanks again!!!
Love the ambulance, reminds me of when my father was a Volunteer Firefighter. The department we both belonged to had that type of Rescue Unit, Meat Wagon, ambulance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts