Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started last night but have nothing show just yet. I'm making it out of wood so I suppose that qualifies as a scratch build (my first of those ever).

It's a 1/350th scale DY-100. I've been planning this for over a year but just got the last tool I need this Christmas.

I do, however, have zero clue as to how I'm going to do the little fiddly bits on the engine section.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Four Mad Men said:
I do, however, have zero clue as to how I'm going to do the little fiddly bits on the engine section.
Chances are, if you post a picture of the area in question, somebody is gonna know of a part or parts that are close.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I certainly hope so!

OK, got distracted by another build so I guess I'm doing two at once now. As a result I'm not as far along on the DY-100 as I'd wanted to be but here goes*.

1/350th scale DY-100: The main hull section is longer than it will eventually and I've temporarily glued the two parts together just to see how it's going to look.
DY-100 #1
DY-100 #2

1/8th scale TARDIS: I have three or four more of these. They will form the basis for the corner posts of the TARDIS.
Tardis #1
Tardis #2

* My apologies for the exceptionally bad photography but my camera is ancient so next time I'll grab the wife's camera.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Impressive start to your DY-100. I see it is a big help, doing the CGI work on the ship. To be honest, I am really thinking this will be the model of the year to watch.

Who's ship is the TARDIS?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Looking great so far!

If you do more pics, any chance of sneaking in a ruler or a couple of coins, etc in the background to get a better idea of size?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chuck_P.R. said:
Looking great so far!

If you do more pics, any chance of sneaking in a ruler or a couple of coins, etc in the background to get a better idea of size?
Sure but I can say that the length of the print out is just the smallest fraction more than 11 inches.

Lloyd Collins said:
Impressive start to your DY-100. I see it is a big help, doing the CGI work on the ship. To be honest, I am really thinking this will be the model of the year to watch.

Who's ship is the TARDIS?
Exactly!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I think the TARDIS is cool too, I've got the old wood & cardboard kit somewhere in my closet, I gotta drag it out and build it one of these days!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts