Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
Finding an Auto World Ultra Raw in the wild has to be one of the biggest thrills in the diecast hobby. My only Ultra Raw so far was the '66 Impala SS from the first series. Just sitting on a peg with half a dozen other cars, just a face in the crowd. I have to wonder how many people overlooked it because of it's drab finish. This find especially thrilled me because the '66 Impala SS was my favorite casting from the first series. I now have all four versions of the car: Silver Blue, Maroon, Ultra Red and Ultra Raw, although I had to trade a White Lightning Barracuda for the Ultra Red.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finding an Auto World Ultra Raw in the wild has to be one of the biggest thrills in the diecast hobby. My only Ultra Raw so far was the '66 Impala SS from the first series. Just sitting on a peg with half a dozen other cars, just a face in the crowd. I have to wonder how many people overlooked it because of it's drab finish. This find especially thrilled me because the '66 Impala SS was my favorite casting from the first series. I now have all four versions of the car: Silver Blue, Maroon, Ultra Red and Ultra Raw, although I had to trade a White Lightning Barracuda for the Ultra Red.
I was pretty excited as well, must have been the first one on the scene and the person putting the cars out was not an insider. I have found 2 Utra Reds in the wild as well, the 1971 DODGE DART SWINGER and the 1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL Convertible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts