Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
37,165 Posts
@don Parker do you remember which version of the Hot Wheels Rover you have coming? Black wheeled or muddy? :lurk5:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s the black wheeled version. I plan to spray a little paint on paper and roll it through it in order to ‘dust up’ the wheels. I’ll also review some pics of the ‘muddy version’ to see where I can also detail my version for a more realistic effect.

·
Administrator
37,165 Posts
I was just curious as to which one you were getting, but yes that is the 2014 version with the muddy wheels. :cheers2:

I am not sure how accurate the card art is on the 2014 version, but it does have some more painted details on top. I have noticed that they must have hand applied the 'dust' to each wheel. All of them I have are a bit different in opacity and coverage.

2014 Hot Wheels #71 HW City Planet Heroes Mars Rover Curiosity by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, today was playing around with neutral rubber balloons and using a penny to cut out round shapes of rubber. Cut out ten rubber circles to place beneath the solar Sojourner landing base to give effect of deflated balloons from the bounce drop.

Attachments

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts