Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"First Anniversary Trophy Race" @ MSI Racing and Hobbies (September 17th-20th)

MSI racing and Hobbies will be having their first anniversary race, Practices will be held September 17th and the 18th (Thursday & Friday), they will have 3 Qualifiers on Saturday the 19th, and the 4th Qualifier and the mains will be on Sunday the 20th. Entry fee is 35 bucks for the first class and 15 for each additional class. You can call to pre-register. There will be trophies and t-shirts. Classes are: 13.5 rubber touring car, VTA, 13.5 single cell 12th scale, world gt, 17.5 foam touring car. :wave:

Contact Marc Irby for Questions:
MSI Racing and Hobbies
29925 Grosebeck HWY.
Roseville, MI. 48066

PH# 586-552-4425
e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Event Hours:

Thursday Practice: Sept 17th (Noon - 9pm)
Friday Practice: Sept 18th (7am - 10PM)
Saturday: Sept 19th (Quailfiers start @ 11am - doors open at 7am).
Sunday: Sept 20th (Mains starting @ 11am - doors open at 7am).

·
Registered
339 Posts
crashmaster:

Hi,

why don't you make the trip, it's a fun track to race at. who knows maybe you won't live up to your name!!!!
I'm going to try and make it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do you have tp pre-register? I'd like to come but have a lot of things up in the air at work and won't know If I can make it till the Monday or Tuesday of that week.

And I heard there is a spec rubber tire but did not see mention of it above, is that the case or will it be open?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do you have tp pre-register? I'd like to come but have a lot of things up in the air at work and won't know If I can make it till the Monday or Tuesday of that week.

And I heard there is a spec rubber tire but did not see mention of it above, is that the case or will it be open?
Hey Miller Time,

The last time I talk to Marc, he stated that there was a spec tire and a weight rule 1500. You can show up you might miss out on getting T/Shirts we will be glad to see you. Fee is $35.00.:wave:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spec Tire

For the race the tire will be jaco blues....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Jaco Blues.....!!!!!!! was that Muddy Waters or BB King :dude:

Is there an on-site Hobby Shop and will the Blues be available that Saturday?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

I have heard different ideas on how practice will be run. I need a idea when to show up. Is practice going to be controlled or is it going to be open?

What is the final ruling on what motor class (17.5,13.5,or 10.5) we are going to be run for foam touring? I'm thinking about coming up there today to practice to try to get my foam touring car in the ball park for the motor that we will be running.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

I have heard different ideas on how practice will be run. I need a idea when to show up. Is practice going to be controlled or is it going to be open?

What is the final ruling on what motor class (17.5,13.5,or 10.5) we are going to be run for foam touring? I'm thinking about coming up there today to practice to try to get my foam touring car in the ball park for the motor that we will be running.

Thanks,
Todd
I would talk to somebody at the shop to clear things up for you.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Alright put me down for 13.5 rubber (and save me a couple sets of tires in the shop) and possibly 17.5 foam (still waiting on a servo to show up). What time are the doors open on Saturday?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright put me down for 13.5 rubber (and save me a couple sets of tires in the shop) and possibly 17.5 foam (still waiting on a servo to show up). What time are the doors open on Saturday?
Ok will save the tires and doors open at 7 am, bring everyone you know !!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,137 Posts
crashmaster:

Hi,

why don't you make the trip, it's a fun track to race at. who knows maybe you won't live up to your name!!!!
I'm going to try and make it.
im going to have too pass just spent like 200 just to run on a crappy dirt track here in grand ville for the morl so funds are gone and the the wife would kill me if i did that two weekends in a row plus i don't have none of those brushless motors i have bigger lol i have like 3 more outings with my anteak motor home 1 car show and 2 camp outings yet in october plus 200 for storage fees

1 - 20 of 33 Posts