Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Do all these things really have plastic bases? I thought that was just the 40th line? I guess maybe I never will buy another JL.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Wow, plastic bases....what a level they've stooped to :(

Although disappointed, I'm definitely going to try to find those Malibus and Typhoons!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The Fury cop car needs dog dish hub caps like ya read about.
Looks like the only JL in while to have real rubber tires at least.

The '59 Impala's color is way to close to 2 other colors of that casting.

The Malibu looks good from a casting standpoint.

I'm sad to see that '31 Cadillac looking like that...there's just so much wrong with it.:cry:

OMG, what's with the wheels on the '53 Packard!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:cry::confused::drunk::freak:

Looks like there's some new big inch rims on some cars...no no NO!!!! Make it stop.

What does "Forever 64" mean? I don't see the difference between these and 40th Ann.cars.

I don't understand what's going on...so much potetial yet so much is not to my liking anymore.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nice to see the VWs! I'll be buying those for sure!

oh wait :freak:

I guess I should have said...

"oh wow, two more '50 Panel trucks! It's good to see some variety!"

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Name was changed because after this year , its no longer their anniversary ... And the '64' refers to 1/64 scale ... Didnt see any reference to all keeping plastic chassis .. Will have to see what they do . Some neat cars coming though . Wish they would destroy the molds for those ugly wheels they are using on the 67 Plymouth Taxi & others ..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'll take the '80 Malibu and GMC Typhoon. The others I'm not so crazy for...

I share the disappointment. I don't know what's wrong with JL these days. Guess they run out of ideas with the Muscle Cars and Classic Gold series. Major bummer!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Funny I got into collecting JLs because they made a good selection of Volkswagens. I loved collecting all the VWs. Now I'm collecting Matchbox and Hotwheels and Jada. Why well at least they are still making VWs.

WHERE ARE THE VWs Tom???????

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Didnt see any reference to all keeping plastic chassis .. Will have to see what they do . .
Both Milezone's and 1 Stop have the Forever 64 on pre-order for basically the same price as the 40th series so you have to figure the new ones will have plastic also. Especially after we were told repeatedly that they could not make metal based cars at that price point.

·
Registered
218 Posts
basically these are the only ones that keep me looking for any johnny lightnings anymore, besides buying some of the past releases of cars from fellow hobbytalk members thats about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts