Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to go to our monthly meeting at Space City Hot Wheels club today. I have missed the last 3 meetings and I could not wait to go. I did pretty good job restraining myself. There were plenty of HWs to choose from and they were pretty tempting but I am doing my best to limit what I buy in 1/64 scale and save money for the larger scales cars.

These are what I bought in 1/64 scale. Nothing here is outstanding to say the least but I found them interesting especially for .50 cent each.

I also got this 1/18 scale Hot Wheels Bartwell 1969 Dodge Charger at the club for $12

I was told by another member that there is a Hobby Store that carries large scale diecast not too far from the club. I went to it and was very disappointed in what they had in stock which was nothing but Maisto 1/18 scale cars. Which normally that would not bother me none but they were extremely over priced. The price tags on those cars were higher than what I could buy them on the net with shipping. I did manage find something that was priced at fair market value and its a Ford GT Concept in the Gulf Racing colors by Beanstalk Group.

On my way home from the hobby store. I spotted a Sam's Club ,which I have been buying a quite a few 1/18 scale cars from already, and I still had some cash on me and I was looking for a car in a particular color. I had already bought one but it was in orange and that was the only color was available at the other Sam's Clubs near me. Since I don't come out on the south side of Houston that much. I went in and checked them out and I found what I was looking for. I don't mind having this same car in 2 different colors but the black one is my favorite. I still need to take pics of the other ones I have been picking up but finding time to do such things is too much of a chore here lately.

Maisto Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

That concludes my day of spending. Now I am waiting for my wife to get home and we can spend the evening together which is very rare for us.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Paul it was great to see you. I love the Gulf Ford GT. I guess I'll have to checkout my local Sams to see if they have it. Hope to see you next month.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
WOW!!!!!...Sweet!

Awesome cars FireHawk!!!!....the Ford GT is my favorite as well the other two....In fact got my order today two Ford GT 40s by Shelby Collections and the Autoworld 1968 Dodge charger too in yellow (but am sending back for defect issue)?!?..:freak:...again Awesome finding bro!!!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I love that Charger too! When my kids allow me some time to get some pics done I will post it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts