Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Release 3, all six castings are showing up on eBay....

are these still gonna be a TRU exclusive?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Hmmm, repaints. Not knocking them, just an observation. Could we have had maybe ONE different style? My least favorite store, too. Might have to pass on R3 if that's the case.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I'm curious, are these the same box sets that were at Fest? I thought it was five castings and they were going for three bucks a pop. I swore many of the same castings in the box were virtually identical. Either lots of yellow Firebirds or Camaros it seemed. I don't know, maybe in the poor light they looked close but were actually different. The price sure was right and I was thinking about mass buying a load of them for future Fest work but then PM offered up another idea a little more "SPOOKY" in nature that would go well with Halloween.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Man, what a let-down! I mean, at least use different card pics! :rolleyes:
But, yes, that white '79 looks cool.

So much for my dreams of an '80 pace car...:(

But at least we got one more release of Firebirds...I am grateful for that.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
superduty455 said:
They even made my picture red!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Yup, just re-colorized the little card.

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
I can't get them so I would think they are TRU exclusives. They seller might have just picked them off the pegs at TRU or bought a whole inner casee there. I ahve done that before with exclusives just to get the pics on my website, like the TRU Spiderman series. Guess I'll have to do the same here.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Yea, I guess datz possible. A lot of work though selling for just $3.50 I would think.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Man, and the even recolored the C.E. Trans Am card. Just cut and paste with new colors for release three they said. Oh well, I was at TRU yesterday and didn't see a one of release three. A few of the release one though...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
Man, what a let-down! I mean, at least use different card pics! :rolleyes:
Especially since other people have cars that they can use. Oh well.
They also put the windwing vent windows on the "68" again. Oh well.
I do like the WS6 better in black, and the 73 with the white top looks kinda cool that way. Maybe the W/L version of the white 79 with the off white interior will have white rims and base. :lol:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
flyin'68bird said:
Especially since other people have cars that they can use. Oh well.
They also put the windwing vent windows on the "68" again. Oh well.
I do like the WS6 better in black, and the 73 with the white top looks kinda cool that way. Maybe the W/L version of the white 79 with the off white interior will have white rims and base. :lol:
I hope I can find that '79 in with Rubber tires...or else just do a wheel swap.

And yeah, that '73 is funky. Is the WS6 black or purple? I thought the photocard looked purple.

I just wonder why they couldn't do the '80 pace car. Would that require more licensing fees, or what? The paint scheme was just like the 10th anniv. TA with a few more "Pace car" decals.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I'm really dissapointed about this. This is the first time that JL has put out something like this that just downright looks horrible. It reminds me of something Hot wheels would do.
Factory colors could have been used on all of these.
I'll buy them, but under protest.
Chris

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well Chris, it is kind of a bummer that they used your photo for the '72 T/A. There are other photos of that car, maybe the owner wouldn't allow use of the images. Other than the fact they mooched off your photo, I am glad to have a casting in that color scheme, commemorating only Red '72 T/A ever made.
Oh Yeah, the white '79 is sweet. How about a '72 in Springfield green?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts