Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before... I saw release 3 of the Firebirds series, 2 of each car were there, TRU, and noticed that between the 2 white `79's there was a difference between the 2 in the color of the T-Tops. One was a solid black and the other was tinted where you could see thru it. Anybody else see this too? Anybody need either one? If they are still there next time thru I could pick one up for anybody in need.

Clark :D

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The one thing that I noticed on that particular '79 was the difference in the wheels... Two were silver while the other was white...:dude: Hmmm...

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
i noticed how they took the Rel. 1 pic of the yellow Collectors Edition T/A on the cards, and for Rel. 3 they photochopped the car purple, then used it. They did that for i think 2 more as well. The 67 and 73.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
All cars are photochopped from the first release.
My 72, which is the red car now is also my photo. Just red now. Same goes for the other guys cars.
Chris

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good for you

Inciteful said:
The one thing that I noticed on that particular '79 was the difference in the wheels... Two were silver while the other was white...:dude: Hmmm...

All 12 cars hanging for me and no white wheels to be found, not even any with rubber tires :cry: Anybody know if they are even going to do rubber tires on this release?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well....

superduty455 said:
All cars are photochopped from the first release.
My 72, which is the red car now is also my photo. Just red now. Same goes for the other guys cars.
Chris
That kind of sucks...

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
straightnnarrow said:
That kind of sucks...

If you're a card collector it might, but I like the new colors.

In addition, the purple 2002 never existed from the factory. Pontiac made 8, if I remember correctly, purple Trans Ams in 1998, but the paint didn't turn out right, so they changed it to Navy Blue Metallic. In addition, The CE wheel (the one shown in the picture) was not available on any year but the 2002.

Now, if someone took a purple '98 and put '02 CE wheels on it, it would look like the one on the card, but the one in the package looks more like the '98, since it has the chrome 5 spoke wheels on it.

Either way, I love Trans Ams, and I think the set looks great!

http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/fbr3.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts