Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt think rubber tires came on the Firebird series Release 1. I thought Rel. 2 was when they started. I found the silver 79 T/A one with no rubber tires and one with rubber tires, and the same with the 73 red firebird.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Release one cars were plastic tires but had a run of 10% rubber tire chase cars, along with white lightning versions of both the rubber tire and plastic tire cars. Tough set to complete, I chickened out on the rubber tire WLs due to $$$!

I have an extra set of R1 Rubber Tire cars if anyone is interested!

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Nice cars & Picture CTWLSMIKE,

I've kinda went one step farther with the firebird though, although the doors are opened I've Strip it down and with rubbing compound and Polished it until it glows Chrome-

Then used Red Anodize paint to create a simulated Kandy Chrome Holiday Version :D man, this finish glows with heat & fire, It came out Nice!

Seriously, the car and the finish is a lot better than the picture, it came out awesome. One of these times when the project is complete maybe I show even more and a better picture. I had to do it, I'm kinda afraid our Holiday Muscles are out the door- later :wave:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
awesome firebird collection! i tried to get all the whites in round 1.ended up with all but the 68.
cant wait to see that bird finished racerjoe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts