Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking through my unbuilts, and was reminded that the Fireball 500 and Monkeemobile kits both have updated graphics. Does anyone know of a source where I can get original style door logos for either of these? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
maybe slipperyartsdecals.com can help? I know they do copies of the originals for the Monogram showcars - maybe they do them for others....
Worth a shot maybe?

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
In Amazing Vehicular Modeler Special #2 there's a cool buildup of the Monkeemobile by Jim Apitz. In it he says he had the original decals done by Andy Garringer of Spare Time Hobbies.
I have no idea where they are or any details at all, but it could be worth trying to find them...

Chris.:)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip! I did some Googling with the names you gave me, and found that both cars were featured in that AVM you mentioned. So I'll be using that for reference going forward.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Spencer,

All I did was convert Jim's artwork which was done in Illustrator to CorelDraw. I do not work for Spare Time Hobbies. Funny Jim and I were just discussing this yesterday.

I've seen your work and you should be able to make a nice set of decals.

I believe the #1 MonkeeMobile was bare first season, Second season the logo appeared and went almost door edge to door edge.

Andy

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy,

Thanks for the follow-up. I read through the AVM article, and saw Jim's note about the lack of a logo in the first season. After looking it up I decided I really liked the look, so I think my Monkeemobile will sport the original bare look. I also think I'm set with the 500 logos, thanks to some good screen captures and working with another modeler. Once I get hte bench cleared off I plan on getting into these.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts