Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm up to my eyes in Finks! Adding jewel pupils to some Rat Fink eyeballs! I finished (9) shifters and (2) Revell Finks this morning with about 6 coats of Kosmic Klear. Now to add some drool with 3-minute epoxy and these eys and they are ready to sell this weekend at the Thanksgiving Turkey Rod Run in Daytona! I've got about 45-50 pieces ready to go, and best-buddy Joey Enyart has some of his kultural goods to peddle as well! Look for us in the Blue Field near the Nascar garage area if you make it down!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I wonder if Luke Skywalker feels intimidated.....:p
Very cool!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow these all look GREAT:thumbsup:
How much will you sell them for? Looks like a lot of Skill and effort involved here!
Mcdee

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Cool rats Daddy'O. I know a good exterminator! May I ask where you got the Luke Skywalker in the background? And is it a kit? I don't recall ever seeing that.

hal9001-

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Luke is the Ertl vinyl, and I am on round 2 of seam filling on him! As soon as I get him smooth I'll start airbrushing him up!

The standing Rat Finks are the Revell kits, I got $85 for the last finished one I sold on ebay. The unbuilt kits have really gone up in price, so they should go I hope. They've been filled and smoothed, and a lot of airbrush/handbrushing work on them. I've built more of these little guys than I care to count!

The shifters are cast resin from Jimmy Flintstone, and I get $45 for a finished Rat Fink head. There was a time 4 or 5 yrs. ago when I could easily get $65-$85 for them, but those days are gone! Considering the amount of work, cleanup, primer, basecoats, toner coat, hand brushing, then clear coating, it's almost not worth it to sell them, but I'm trying to get my name out there in the kustom kulture world so that's it. (fat chance huh?!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts