Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
First time I've seen a build-up of this kit. Great job Troy! :thumbsup: Veedubb, the original kit had a phaser in the right hand, this version didn't come with one for whatever reasons.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Night-Owl said:
First time I've seen a build-up of this kit. Great job Troy! :thumbsup: Veedubb, the original kit had a phaser in the right hand, this version didn't come with one for whatever reasons.
It's because this kit was reworked for the motion picture version of Spock, and that film's phasers were quite different from the original style.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Ah yes, but the TMP reissue still retains the TOS-style tricorder on a shoulder strap and he still has the communicator that looks like an early pocket AM radio.

I think by then, the image of Spock about to shoot a life-form just didn't fit into the image of the character, so now he points to--nothing!

BTW I get a hoot over that he's got the TMP style tunic, but the TOS style pants and boots on. Hey, maybe this takes place in Phase 2!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Strange alterations to that kit!

"Captain, I estimate the source of the phenomena to emanate from exactly...there."

"SPOCK! ...You...NITWIT! I can't SEE what you're pointing at over the COMMUNICATOR!"

Another beautiful job, MM5! Goirgeous choice of color on the tunic, and Excelelnt work on the face - faces can be difficult.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate The Comments

WOW, Thanks guys for the time to look and comment on my latest buildup :)

And on the original kit with the snakes, Spock held the phaser. That's what is missing on this one.

MM5

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate The Feedback

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my work, I'm glad you guys liked it :)

A "FUN" one to do !!

MM5

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Another "keeper" Troy, I came across my Spock with snakes kit in my parents attic recently, only thing missing is the tricorder.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Appreciate The Feedback

Hi Al, How you been my friend :)

Thanks for the comments !!

MM5

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Spock with the 3 headed snake is about the only figure kit i'd love to see P/L do. Who knows now that they have the license, maybe it'll happen!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts