Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,195 Posts
:thumbsup:
I still haven't seen the contest results, or gotten the issue. No idea if any of my 15 entries made it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I was very happy to see my 1/350 TOS Enterprise build as one of the winners in the FSM Trek contest! Very Humbled indeed!!In the March(current)Issue!

Wow, congratulations! Very sweet, indeed, and a great honor! Mark, how about some pics of her as you have her displayed at home. I'm always interested in how folks display their best models.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
:thumbsup:
I still haven't seen the contest results, or gotten the issue. No idea if any of my 15 entries made it. :lol:
Don't think so John. I don't remember seeing your name on any of the entries (mine neither... :frown2:).

Rob
Iwata Padawan

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Lads, neither of you boys were represented in the issue. Unfortunate as in my Humble opinion you fellows should have been!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats!

Back in the day they kind of sneered at SF stuff. It wasn't 'real modeling', like tanks and planes. I was kind of amazed I sold an article to them on the BOP.
Now they have a ST contest.
This is a common misconception. FSM has always had some measure of SF content, including cover stories. In the early '90's, Barry and Shiela Alder started a club up here in Ottawa called SFMBA, the Science Fiction Model Builders' Association, and one of our early members was Bob Hayden, the Editor in Chief of FSM, who was a major SF fan. In point of fact he wanted to increase the amount of SF content, but the accountants pointed out that when they had an SF-heavy issue, which they sometimes had, sales did not do as well as an armour or aircraft issue. Money does influence such things, after all - it IS a business.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm happy to announce that not only will I have an image in the 2018 Star Trek Ships of the Line Calendar, due out this August, (of my 1/350 TOS award winning Enterprise) but I just recently had a new piece, Again with Jeff Summers doing the composite work, accepted for the 2019 Calendar as well. This time of my 1/350 Refit Enterprise! I can't thank Doug Drexler enough for reaching out to me and wanting to include my 1/350 Tos build in his Calendar! I am sincerely humbled to be a small part of the Star Trek family!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts