Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering wat are some things that i can do to fine tune my front suspenion, i guess things i can do to make the suspension work more consistent. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Make sure that everything is real smooth. No binding at all. Round off the tops of the steering arm, make sure the kingpin slides real free. Always make sure that the kingpin stays lubed. Polish everything that is going to slide or pivot.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wat can you use to polish/lube?
Put your kingpins in a dremel an take 1000 grit wet dry sand paper an polish
them. Then take semichrome an polish them. Put your frt. together an put a drop or 2 of yellow Muddslide lube on an your done... Do the pins every week with semichrome.... reapply mudd. yellow lube.
U can find semichrome at your local hog shop. (Harley Davidson)
JW#62

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
i dont sand paper just use mothers metal polish and clean them up and check fit. most of the kingpins are good to go, just shine them up. too much sanding and you get a bit of "play" after awhile....when rebuilding, i always shine them up using mothers metal polish and it slides real smooh.

for kingpin lube (windtunnel 3 and 4) works well as also the associated heavier weights.

i polish the pins once a month (then again we race once a month or so..) if i am racing. just keep everything nice and free.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
There is a product out there that is made of liquid magic called Simichrome. It's amazing how fast this stuff works.

Losi makes Ti Nitride coated kingpins (LOSA6089). The newest batch are labled as 1.42" but are actually 1.5". (The old ones used to be 1.42" long). The Ti Nitride coating should be left alone. They are very smooth, and will usually last a year before the coating starts to wear off. But even after the coating wears, it's a smooth transition , not like paint chips or anything. I don't know how it's applied, but it's tough stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts