Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to take a picture of a red VW Johnny Lightning transporter, love that thing.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And I bought this for a little more than I wanted, but it was a good deal:) a local antique store had a bunch of good condition redlines inside a case, and I chose this one. I bought a few more on ebay this week, I'll post them when I get them in.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Woe, sharp little Vee-Dub!!! Great color. Congrats!
Nice Seagrave too :thumbsup:
Thanks:) Its the SPFL Green right? I googled the color and the pictures I am seeing of green 68's look a bit darker than mine, but the next closest colors I can find are Antifreeze and Olive, but neither of those look like what I have either.

EDIT: I forgot how high my ISO was when I took the pic, its darker in real life. Its green:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice VW. I had that one when I was a kid (kinda surprising since I'm 23), but someone stole it from my mom's car along with a Corgi Toyota 2000GT (the reissue, not the original).

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice VW. I had that one when I was a kid (kinda surprising since I'm 23), but someone stole it from my mom's car along with a Corgi Toyota 2000GT (the reissue, not the original).
Wow, they broke into a car to steal a couple diecast cars? I hate people sometimes.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Just when I thought all was lost with Matchbox. That Seagrave is a MUST!
Sweet red line! I have to stop buying so many $1 cars and get some of those.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just when I thought all was lost with Matchbox. That Seagrave is a MUST!
Sweet red line! I have to stop buying so many $1 cars and get some of those.
Thanks!
That's my current strategy ;)

I love looking and holding my vintage pieces and thinking-I am 18 years old. This car is almost 50. I think its extremely cool personally to hold a car that was enjoyed by the generations before me. I like thinking about who may have played with it and enjoyed it before me (and I thank them for keeping it in such good condition), and the stories that this little car can tell. And then when I bring a new piece home, its neat to me that all of these cars have been around for almost exactly the same amount of time (give or take a year or two) and this is the first time that they are coming together. Not to mention how cool it is to catch a glimpse of stylings from that era-this is especially cool with the more fictional castings such as the deora, twin mill, or splittin image.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Thats just what excites me about vintage diecast.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:

MB Seagrave is definitely going to be a hard to find car for many as that Fire Engine will be snatched up by soooooooooo many people who collect and don't callect as it is just plain cool looking.

Nice find for the Redline - definitely not a car that has been played with as it is in such great shape for its age. Now all you need to do is make a tool to straighten up them axles to make it sit correct. Nothing will change the value if you do it, so no worries. Just take your time and bend, tweak slowly on each one and presto - its new again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:

MB Seagrave is definitely going to be a hard to find car for many as that Fire Engine will be snatched up by soooooooooo many people who collect and don't callect as it is just plain cool looking.

Nice find for the Redline - definitely not a car that has been played with as it is in such great shape for its age. Now all you need to do is make a tool to straighten up them axles to make it sit correct. Nothing will change the value if you do it, so no worries. Just take your time and bend, tweak slowly on each one and presto - its new again :thumbsup:
Agreed on the Seagrave, but here in North Texas they are plentiful. I left behind three more tonight.

And I appreciate the kind words. Should I attempt to straighten the axles with my hands or is there a tool you recommend?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Very cool that you appreciate them like that at your age.You get it!:thumbsup::)
Thanks!
That's my current strategy ;)

I love looking and holding my vintage pieces and thinking-I am 18 years old. This car is almost 50. I think its extremely cool personally to hold a car that was enjoyed by the generations before me. I like thinking about who may have played with it and enjoyed it before me (and I thank them for keeping it in such good condition), and the stories that this little car can tell. And then when I bring a new piece home, its neat to me that all of these cars have been around for almost exactly the same amount of time (give or take a year or two) and this is the first time that they are coming together. Not to mention how cool it is to catch a glimpse of stylings from that era-this is especially cool with the more fictional castings such as the deora, twin mill, or splittin image.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Thats just what excites me about vintage diecast.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I'm amazed by the hype the Seagrave is getting. Must be the latest big deal. :)

The Seagrave is one fire truck that has been around for years. They came out in the early 1900's and are basically the only ones that left from the early years of firefighting.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
And I bought this for a little more than I wanted, but it was a good deal:) a local antique store had a bunch of good condition redlines inside a case, and I chose this one. I bought a few more on ebay this week, I'll post them when I get them in.

Nice this brings me back when I was a KId!.......Awesome Hit!:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts