Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there everyone. :)

I'm new here. I just thought you would interested in my little story. Mom said she was sick of waiting for me to clean up the back yard, so she hired a Bobcat to come in and clean the place up, and tear out some bushes long over grown.

So I was cleaning up beside the garage, when something caught my eye. It was a toy tank! I brushed off some of the encrusted mud and was surprised to see it was still in one piece. A few seconds later, right beside where I found the tank, I found a tin soldier. later that day, I found a toy shovel on the other side of the yard. What a day for discovery.

The tank turns out to be a Matchbox Battle Kings K-102 M48 A2 from 1974. So these toys could have been lolling around in the back yard for some part of 30 years.

The toy soldier seems to be an Indian with a rifle. It has Britains LTD England on the bottom of the base, but no other markings.

And the shovel? Well that's just too much fun. Almost perfect, except the scratches and dings from lots of play.

I hope you enjoyed my little story. Dose anyone have one of these tanks, or know what else comes in the Battle Kings set?

TrainClown :jest: :wave:

Attachments

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Great story, if we all could find just a few of the old stuff we threw/laid or left laying around it would be a blast. Nice find, especially the memories :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Great Story, I have a comparable one, I bought a metal detector a few years back and was using it in the backyard, dug up a 1960s Matchbox T-bird, no tires, roof was caved in a tad, but I fixed it up fairly decent, gave it to a friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts