Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank just posted on FB today as follows:

Not much I can show, but here's the face! Head and base will be Jeff Yagher, body and rifle by Adam Dougherty.

He also included a photo:

I am most definitely looking forward to this one.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more of this kit ...base, pose etc...
Denis
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I hope the casting is better than the Screamin kit's version.. i had there slaughter in the streets kit.. the martian body and back-pac were terrible!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think Frank would release a bad model as in bad parts, bad fit, bad sculpt, etc. That picture looks clean and well detailed. Was the Screamin vinyl or resin? This of course will be styrene. What is cool to me about this model is that those Mars Attacks aliens are like one of the best alien that I have ever seen. They were comedic but still they really were great alien creations.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
That Jeff Yagher head ought to be spot on !

Looking forward to new developements :)
Mcdee

·
Registered
329 Posts
My Screamin Mars Attacks No Place to Hide was nicely cast except for the base being kinda concave. The only resin parts were the hands and feet. The bubble was one piece with no seam line. I'll be looking forward to Moebius' coming out.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yeah but the Screamin bubbles dont taper at the bottom like the above drawing shows. I had that kit (still have it somewhere) but the base is so deformed its totally useless.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I wonder how Moebius will handle the helmet? Being tapered and all? If it is tapered, I don't see how it can be a one piece injection molding. Or vacuformed for that matter. But, I really don't know that much about such things.

Just curious.

hal9001-

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
Screamin' just had vacuformed bubbles of constant diameter.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think I'd rather have the "test tube" look than a large noticable seam. If they go with the drawing posted above there will be a seam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts