Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank just posted on FB today as follows:

Not much I can show, but here's the face! Head and base will be Jeff Yagher, body and rifle by Adam Dougherty.

He also included a photo:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thanks for passing on the info.

Looks more like the Martians in the trading cards/comics rather than the ones in the Tim Burton movie. I'm fine with that. Good head sculpt.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Very nice paint job. Would be good if the street light had a transparent globe, so you could run a light up into it.
Easy enough to do, there are always plenty of LED holiday light sets on sale after the holidays, you can find various size sphere type lights, surely one of those can be made to work, like the one pictured below. Cut off the base like I have already done and either lightly sand or use dullcoat to give it a frosted look. It is already hollowed out for the LED so it is practically ready to use.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Very nice paint job. Would be good if the street light had a transparent globe, so you could run a light up into it.

Great idea. One thing I'd like to see Moebius do more of is more transparent parts. Another kit that could do with some transparencies is Iron Man...for the eyes, chest light and hands.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This one is on my immediate buy list and probably right onto the bench after I get it. It is so iconic and such a great sculpt in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Isn't this the part where someone points out the kit isn't right because the Martian's fingers are longer in the movie or the weapon he's holding should have a more recessed trigger or the feet are too long or.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts