Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, nearly two years ago Captain Fred and myself tried to get something kicked off locally here for HO scale....but didn't really have much luck. The Houston area is chocked full of guys into 1/32 scale.......but the HO scene seems rather small.

I've been yacking with my coworkers and they've seen me bring in a few of my customs and such for "show and tell" :tongue: and it's hit a nerve with them. My buddy Max kept telling me all last week that he wanted to set up a track at his house....so Saturday night we did just that.....and he ran some laps for the first time in probably 25+ years. We had an absolute BLAST together.....and that's when another coworker told me that he too wants a track setup at his house as well...and wants to get into the hobby.

There are also at least two other coworkers that we might be able to drag into all of this........ and also my dad loves slots as well....so we're looking at potentially a small group of 5-6 guys who all want to run Tjets...... :thumbsup:

I passed the link for Hobbytalk to my buddy Max last night.....and told him to join.....hopefully he will, and begin posting. Max is pretty darn good at machining...and has fabricated my wheel puller and presses for me....and wants to make a few other tools as well.

Captain Fred, you might want to dust off those cars brother......looks like we might have some up and coming competition ;)

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Houston is doable a couple of times a year for me too Brian.. I"d even run those little putts putts just to have some fun...lol...Hope about the cowpuddle 500 In Lewisville? thats a doable if we can get enough guys 125 laps in each lane...car to be decided...

Dave

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dave, where the heck is Lewisville??? As for all out racing....I guess it really depends on what car people choose to run there......because as of now I don't own a higher end magnet car....

I really love running Tjets......not the Fray stuff either....lol

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey Brian,
I've put aside a couple of old, working computers to convert to lap counters.
Any weekend that you would like to get together & run some slots, LMK. I never could bring myself to getting rid of any of my cars. In fact, I've continued to add to my collection since we last got together. Nothing fancy, just a few garage sale finds, mostly Tyco/Mattel and some clearance JLs. I would love an excuse to break out the fleet.

Let's do it!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
Hey Dave, where the heck is Lewisville??? As for all out racing....I guess it really depends on what car people choose to run there......because as of now I don't own a higher end magnet car....

I really love running Tjets......not the Fray stuff either....lol

It sthe shopping area for Dallas lol.. middle of the worlds larget strip mall...I wouldn't want to run wizards either.. prefer something more tyco 440 or Gplus myself but hey Tjets sound good to me..!

Dave

Long as it goes buzz, smells like eletrical contact on oil.. I"m there...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Captain Fred said:
Hey Brian,
I've put aside a couple of old, working computers to convert to lap counters.
Any weekend that you would like to get together & run some slots, LMK. I never could bring myself to getting rid of any of my cars. In fact, I've continued to add to my collection since we last got together. Nothing fancy, just a few garage sale finds, mostly Tyco/Mattel and some clearance JLs. I would love an excuse to break out the fleet.

Let's do it!

Hey man! It may still be a couple weeks before we officially get a table built to run on.......but my friend Max is motivated.....so I'm sure it'll be soon.

I'll tell him that you're on board too....heheh, that oughtta get him moving ;)

Do you know if the Hobby Lobby on Rayford has any clearance Tjets left??? my buddies are wanting something cheap to run.......

Dave, I'll have to see what I can do to get up that way at some point. I do have a few nice Tyco cars.....one 440X2 in fact that I've been slowly building for racing.

Tjets for us just provide an easier way to get into racing....our tracks won't be gigantic...so we've all pretty much agreed that something like a Tjet will be better suited for us at this time........not that any of us might have a couple pocket rockets to break out from time to time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
HL has long since gotten rid of the last of their slots. I have some duplicate JLs that are brand new, still in the box that I would sell for clearance price. I might even have some extra bodies if they want a particular body style. I have extra Tyco 440s too.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Captain Fred said:
HL has long since gotten rid of the last of their slots. I have some duplicate JLs that are brand new, still in the box that I would sell for clearance price. I might even have some extra bodies if they want a particular body style. I have extra Tyco 440s too.

Hey Mike, let me know clearance price wais what you need for those Tjets....and I'll pass the info on to my buddies tomorrow. also, what extra Tjet bodies do you have???

I love those little buggers...hahahaha

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I sent you a PM.

The new, complete JLTOs that I have are snake eyes (dark green Cobra), orange & white Vega, white Mustang hard top, yellow mooneyes Willys & dark blue Firebird. I also have a few extra F&F-2 JLXTs.

On the optional bodies, I have some pullback Willys (yellow w/flames & solid purple), a black w/white stripes Mustang, red GTO w/white top and a black Camaro w/red stripes.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Captain Fred said:
I sent you a PM.

The new, complete JLTOs that I have are snake eyes (dark green Cobra), orange & white Vega, white Mustang hard top, yellow mooneyes Willys & dark blue Firebird. I also have a few extra F&F-2 JLXTs.

On the optional bodies, I have some pullback Willys (yellow w/flames & solid purple), a black w/white stripes Mustang, red GTO w/white top and a black Camaro w/red stripes.
I replied to your PM before reading this post..... hold onto those cars and bodies....I'm sure we'll take them all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Howdy Y'all, Im fresh in! Yeah were trying to get it all going. A table is the main item right now as I am sure we will remedy that. I have one (1) car so far but there will be others. I'm looking to get a couple of those T-jets from ya Mike. We'll all get together on a layout, etc soon.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heck yeah, glad to see you joined up Max :thumbsup: This place is FILLED with AWESOME people....you'll definately fulfill your slot fix her bro.

Mike, I got your PM........hold onto what you've got....I'm sure that we'll end up taking darn near any JLTO's that you want to move...and perhaps a couple of the Tyco's too....... I'm locked in for Saturday already......and most likely going to be busy at least the first half of Sunday too.......so maybe we can shoot for all of us getting together next weekend sometime??? Maybe so we can just all hang out and get to know each other...and you can show off some of your cars too......my buddies have been droolin' over mine....now it's time for you to show them what a real collection looks like...lol

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'm sure that my collection pales in comparison to some of the other HT member's collections. I look forward to getting together with you guys. Pretty much any weekend is good for me. We could get together and check out some cars and just get acquainted. I'll make a tentative plan for the weekend of 2/10/07. Meanwhile, I'll start loading up my tackle box.

I'll talk to you guys pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey Brian & Max.....

I have recently acquired a few more old computers. I have 4 of them just sitting in the garage now. If you guys would want a couple of them, I'm looking to get rid of some. They're W-95 PCs, but they might be OK for lap counters. If you guys would want them, I'll give them to you. They work fine.

Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise I'm gonna go ahead and throw a couple of them away.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Captain Fred said:
I have recently acquired a few more old computers. I have 4 of them just sitting in the garage now. If you guys would want a couple of them, I'm looking to get rid of some. They're W-95 PCs, but they might be OK for lap counters. If you guys would want them, I'll give them to you. They work fine.

Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise I'm gonna go ahead and throw a couple of them away.

Hey Mike, I'm sure that we'll take a couple of those off your hands..... I don't know jack yet about setting up lap timing...or interfacing a pc with a track.....but if they indeed will work for that purpose then yeah, we're game.

We do want to have the ability to run track/lap timing.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Captain Fred said:

Much like Brian I have no idea how to interface the lap timers w/ a PC but will work on that! Many thanks Mike for those, we'll see what we can do with them. Sunday 2/11/07 will be a good time to get together. I am looking forward to meeting you Mike. I can hit you up for some knowledge and quit bothering Brian haha.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MaximuM said:
I can hit you up for some knowledge and quit bothering Brian haha.

LOL, well brother, I haven't even began to impart all of my knowledge :tongue:

Ahh, also guys I talked to my dad tonight...and he's ready to run some laps too....and was pretty excited to hear that we were getting something going ;)

Dad right now is working pretty close to Plano.......and he had forgotten about Neil's Wheels in Plano......I told him that he should take his pit box with him this time when he heads back....and stop by Neil's one night and run some laps :thumbsup:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
LOL, well brother, I haven't even began to impart all of my knowledge :tongue:

Ahh, also guys I talked to my dad tonight...and he's ready to run some laps too....and was pretty excited to hear that we were getting something going ;)

Dad right now is working pretty close to Plano.......and he had forgotten about Neil's Wheels in Plano......I told him that he should take his pit box with him this time when he heads back....and stop by Neil's one night and run some laps :thumbsup:

Let me know when he plans to go in.. I have a need... to speed....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Headed to Texas

Hey guys, are you anywhere near Ft Hood? I'll be there this Sunday thru Wednesdayish and I'd love to get together and run some slots or just BS. You can email me at [email protected]. Later, Rob
Rob Rose
Mongrel Racing
Tucson, AZ

1 - 20 of 35 Posts