Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
I'm not familiar with this kit, but it looks cool and it looks like a really nice clean original to build!! Please show some photos once you get started. - Denis

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Oooooooo this is close to the one I want, The Evil Iron. I remember seeing these custom trike kits at K Mart back in the early 70s.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Congrats Buzz!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
This is one of my grails too but I don't think I'll ever get the chance to score it. I still have a pic of the one I built when I was 12. It's sitting on the TV.
Of the 3 bikes I have listed as grails, the only one I have is the Monogram King Chopper. The Dragonfire and Evil Iron are almost as hard to find.
PLEASE please post pics of your build!! I'd love to see it when you've worked your magic on it.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Very cool score, Randy! A friend of mine had that kit but his build up was pretty bad, even for a kid. I look forward to seeing what you do with it :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I believe Revell Germany reissued these kits a while back. They changed the names of a lot of them.
The Evil Iron became the Medieval Trike, but I can't recall the other name changes.
They reissued the Dragonfire, Hemi Beach trike (originally Monogram), Street L'Eagle, Evil Iron, Triumphant Trike, and I believe they also reissued Chain Gang (I have the original in my collection).
Once I have some other model debts sorted out I'm gonna go on a mindless quest to find a Dragonfire. After seeing the parts all laid out I want it BAD!!!
One thing about Hobbytalk- it keeps you broke!:p:p I wouldn't have it any other way....

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Very Cool Randy :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see this sucka built:D
Mcdee

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yes Revell AG had the kits out although that has been a while (1980s or early 90s??) You can still get the old kits for under $100 which isnt too bad I suppose. They are pretty large, detailed kits.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wow! I know you are a happy camper,Buzz. Always wanted that one too,but never happened. I did have Evil Iron and it was gnarly. Sold it a few years ago. Wish they would reissue these. I know you will make it a masterpiece,can't wait to see it,good snag dude!:dude:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys, as you can see I build other models than aurora figure kits, here are some of the kits I enjoy.

Tamiya 1/32 spitfire and fighter jets.

Tamiya 1/6 motorcycles

Tamiya ww2 military tanks and transporters

1/24 and 1/8 cars

showrods

Pyro gun kits

I just enjoy great models.

Randy

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Randy - Have you built the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire? I've seen the ads but not the actual kit. Looks Awesome!! - Denis

·
Registered
105 Posts
These are really fun kits ! Here are my two - I had to kitbash the Dragonfire, as it did not have the Corvair motor anymore, with a Harley. Can't wait to see what you do with yours , Buzz...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts