Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, kinda. I have been checking our local Wal-Mart and never saw any of the M2 cars. Today they had a display of them and I got the two tone blue and black with flames.

It's a start!

Marty

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have been selling off my die cast car collection (see for sale section) but I saw in another thread the '55 Dodge Royal Lancer was made.

This was my first car and explains why I want to get them:

Even had the HEMI:

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I know MoPar had a yellow back then, and maybe it's the pic, but I'm wondering if that's a bit darker than the factory color.(?)

Either way, it's looks wicked sharp that color. Thanks for the pic!!!

And I totally LOVE the pic of your 3-tone 1:1 !!!!!!
Such a cool @$$ car! I have a '56 Savoy that is very similar.
Did it have the two speed push button trans?
Is that cruise control up on the left inner fender or maybe part of the A/C system? Looks different than mine does.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know MoPar had a yellow back then, and maybe it's the pic, but I'm wondering if that's a bit darker than the factory color.(?)

Either way, it's looks wicked sharp that color. Thanks for the pic!!!

And I totally LOVE the pic of your 3-tone 1:1 !!!!!!
Such a cool @$$ car! I have a '56 Savoy that is very similar.
Did it have the two speed push button trans?
Is that cruise control up on the left inner fender or maybe part of the A/C system? Looks different than mine does.
Mine was a 2-speed Powerflite with the shifter on the dash.

That car has a huge air box for the heater. That is the blower motor and heater box on the passenger side. On the drivers side is the power brake booster.

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good eye, Mr. L. M2 does 2 Dodges in full yellow (not including the metallic Christmas car). The regular release car (A-T 3B) had an incorrect bright yellow and there is a 5-pack car in the proper Fantasy Yellow to 'correct' the 'error'. You called it - the real Fantasy Yellow is paler than the bright yellow.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Good eye, Mr. L. M2 does 2 Dodges in full yellow (not including the metallic Christmas car). The regular release car (A-T 3B) had an incorrect bright yellow and there is a 5-pack car in the proper Fantasy Yellow to 'correct' the 'error'. You called it - the real Fantasy Yellow is paler than the bright yellow.
Nice, thanx for the info, Doc!
Here in Portland about 10-15 years ago there used to be a '55 or '56 wagon I'd see cruising around. It was fulla bondo from the gunnells to the rafters, but it was still so full of charactor it'd make your head spin.
It was two-tone - a silver gray over yellow. A lighter yellow just like you say.
That car is why I remember - or thought the yellow should be a bit lighter like that wagon. :thumbsup:

I got a question for ya. You've been here forever, and I've always wondered about your HT handle...12N345R - what is that shift patter from? A medium or heavy duty truck maybe??? Or a modern car?
My '61 6 window Short-Deck Caddy had the reverse at the far right, but obviously it wasn't anything more than a 3spd.
Having reverse right next to a forward gear without neutral inbetween was good for rocking the car out of a snow bankin'. I think that was the reason, escpecially because it was 1 that was right next to R.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I stole this picture off the internet. It is a dash just like mine. The shifter is the small lever just tot he right of the steering column.

Marty
Marysville, OH
HA! That's a riot. Never knew that. Pretty strange gimmick!
Only thing I've seen like it was a '60s A-100. Looks really similar, I wonder if they used the very same exact shifter?(!)

Thanks for the nice under-hood shot.
What I was seeing was just the starter solenoid and the generator bracket that I was confusing for something else.
Other than the Hemi, it's the same under the hood as my Plymouth which has a 277 OHV V8.
It's Powerflight is shifted on the left of the collum with push buttons that light up green at night.
It looks killer! They used to call it Trash-on-the-Dash!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I got a question for ya. You've been here forever, and I've always wondered about your HT handle...12N345R - what is that shift patter from? A medium or heavy duty truck maybe??? Or a modern car?
Thanks for asking. The pattern is (was) from my '95 Mustang which gave up the ghost last fall. I bid it farewell after 16 years and donated it to the local high school shop class as a project car and fundraiser. Now I'm a light-duty trucker with an end-of-the-line Ranger (5 speed auto though). :)

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Thanks for asking. The pattern is (was) from my '95 Mustang which gave up the ghost last fall. I bid it farewell after 16 years and donated it to the local high school shop class as a project car and fundraiser. Now I'm a light-duty trucker with an end-of-the-line Ranger (5 speed auto though). :)
Shows ya how much I know about '90s or newer cars - didn't even know there was such a trans!

With the Ranger it seems like you don't have to change your handle, huh? :)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Original ad for 1955 Dodge Royal Lancer

I picked this up at an antique mall that is just for car stuff:

It lists the correct color names as:

Heather Rose
Jewel Black
Sapphire White

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
That's a sweet ad! Even has the M2 colors only reversed. Cool!

Just sold my '56 Plymouth Savoy 4dr. yesterday. Same basic car as the Lancer.
Sad to let it go, but have too many cars. Sold that rusty Jag XJ-SC too. Back down to "only" seven cars now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts