Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been back into collecting diecasts seriously for all that long, but since I bacame aware of such things as "Treasure Hunts", "White Lightnings", etc, I've been keeping an eye out for them. This evening on the way home from work, I stopped off at a Giant supermarket to pick up a couple of essentials (Diet Pepsi, ice cream, things like that) and to look fo the Hot Wheels. Somebody mentioned here on HobbyTalk that several supermarkets such as Giant had Hot Wheels on sale this week at half price, something like .63 each. I finally found a display set up inm the middle of the frozen dinners section and went through it looking for models I liked and didn't already have. Well, whaddaya know! Hiding in the back of the bottom shelf was this great-looking '68 Corvette. I aready have that casting in a couple of different paint schemes, but the racing colors on this one looked particularly good against it's metallic blue finish... Then I see the fine print under the car: "Treasure Hunt '12". SCORE!!! I particularly like one detail of it: It wears the number "62", and I was born in 1962! I'll try to work on my photography skills and post some better pictures later.

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
Nice 1969 Corvette Zl-1 Treasure Hunt Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Great job on finding the Vette. That is one from this year that I haven't found yet.
Don't you love when you go to the store for something you end up getting some die cast.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys! I collect the cars I like, but C3's are among my favorites so this one would have been a shoo-in regardless of it's TH status. Now for that beautiful deep metallic red Ferrari... :wave:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
wtg jim:thumbsup: found another one too at dollar tree last night.was gonna put it up for trade till i saw the color varration on the #s one is yellow and the other is a drk mustard.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cool

For the first time in a few years I was able to find my first TH last week, a 1992 Ford Mustang. It doesn't go with my collection but I am putting it away.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where are you Jim? VA, MD, PA? There lare lots of Gaint food stores in MD and VA and there is Giant-Eagle in PA.
I'm in southeastern PA, about 10 miles west of Philly. There are three Giants withinb 5 miles of me. I don't know how long the special is on for, but I hope to hit the other two before it's done. Unfortunately I blew te remainder of my allowance Saturday morning at a local hobby shop that's in the process of slowly going out of business. They're only open on Saturdays now, and everything in the store is marked down 30%. I'll be posting some of the goodies I grabbed there soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts