Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is James and this is finally my first post to HT. I have followed this board for awhile now and had another account but cannot remember my info. However this is my first post and just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I used to be a card and t-hunt collector but honestely after following you guys on here I'm a collector of what I want. I started when I was about 9-10 years old in 1994-95. I stopped collecting after around 2001 or so and started back up at the end of 2009. Now I do not purchase hardly any mainlines unless they REALLY attract my attention, which isn't often. The past couple of years I have been collecting RR's that I like and mainly the 2010 slick rides. That is the main series I'm trying to complete of loose cars. There are also certain castings and models that I like with real riders that I collect opened and out of their package. Anyways I just wanted to finally say hello to you guys after following you for awhile here on HT and say thank you to opening eyes of truly enjoying this hobby of collecting.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Welcome to the board again. :wave:

Great story :thumbsup: I too used to be a cardboard collector and got so sick and tired of trying to make space in my home to store them carded up or boxed up. Opening them all up made alot sense and made so much room that I keep very little blisterd up or boxed anymore as I hate to store them up in the attic. I have to open them up and see the detail that goes into them. I also like to customize them too when I have the time.

Well, welcome to the board again - share what you have in pictures or videos as we all like to see each others collections... If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask as many here like to help as long as its not about value :lol: Value is for people who only buy to flip for profit :rolleyes:. We here like to enjoy the hobby and buy what we enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree 100% the $ value of a car is not worth a penny in my mind. I want to see cool accurate cars with at least some decent detail so that they can be enjoyed in the open, free world. I dont care if it's a mainline, TH, RR, Redline, etc I just enjoy having the cars in my hand and seeing accurate detail.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.com James Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Banned
565 Posts
:wave:James welcome to HT.. There are a lot of great people on the board as I am sure you noticed while you were peeking thru the window. :lol:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Hi James! Sounds like your Hot Wheels collecting interests are similar to mine. Real Riders with the occasional mainline if the casting is good. And all just for the joy of opening and appreciating some good detail. You'll fit right in with the HT crowd, we look forward to your contributions!

Welcome back. :wave:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome! Man I hear you on the mainlines. Iv been focusing more on the real rider cars as well here lately. :thumbsup:
God Bless,
John 3:16

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I still have most of my cars that I bought a few years back in package but have opened a few. 99% of the cars I buy now are opened. My girlfriend got me a carney display case year that I pretty much have filled with rr's since. I just try to be patient and buy the casting I enjoy or that I think have good detail and look accurate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts