Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although I have been building models since I was about 8, I am still just learning all the skills that turn a cartoon model into a real life model. This is my first monster kit using these techniques so have a look and let me know what you think.

I used the article in a recent issue of Kitbuilder magazine. Dan Jorgensen did a very detailed article on building this kit and I used a lot of the tricks he used on his. I did change some things though and actually did the head 3 times before I got it the way I wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hi rkoenn,

Excellent work, I especially like how you shaded his coat, and facial features, nice color choices, he looks great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Great work; you only did the head three times? When I paint a kit, especially when I screw up, I do the head and most other parts a lot more than three times!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great work; you only did the head three times? When I paint a kit, especially when I screw up, I do the head and most other parts a lot more than three times!
So I'm not the only one in that boat! LOL I even had to buy a can of Easy-Off for removing the paint. But at the same time I removed the paint from an Aurora Frankenstein base that I will be doing soon as well. I started it some years back under the same circumstances and stopped when I realized it wasn't coming out the way I liked much at all. I am getting a bunch of ideas and suggestions on here and from the mags and appreciate it and the kind comments. Now I just need to hone my skills which can only be developed with practice.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very cool!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts