Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is the Enterprise lit up at night (blue LEDs in nacelles).

I put some clear blue plastic behind the clear deflector dish plastic piece.

Closer look at Blue LEDs in nacelles.

Blue Led wired in nacelles, it wasn't hard at all to solder.

Another night time shot, had poor batteries in it here.
The star background was very easily added with tagboard punched out with pin pricks and a light behind the black tagboard.

What do you all think of this model?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nice build!

While I do like that Bandai made it very detailed, and relatively easy to build, I am still dissapointed that the seams can sometimes be so large.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I hate the seams also, but one of the sides of the secondary hull there are no light leaks or huge seams. They are not real noticeable. I am impressed by the lighting system, with fresh batteries this baby really shines. I am pleased with this model, just not with the process it took to build it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The polar light Enterprise Refit does look nice. Just how big is it, what's the scale of it?

Here's some more pics of it with a spotlight I made:

Another pic with the light

This is the secondary hull with the light

Here's the light with rolled paper taped to it to concentrate the light in one area. I should cut off a 3mm white LED and glue it to a 5mm Led to get a more consentrated light.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I thought it was rather greenish without the LED's so I decided to use 2600mcd blue 5mm LED, 5000mcd would be to bright I think. The LED's fit in the nacelles perfect. Anyway thanks for the comment...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jgoldsack said:
You may want to replace the deflector with a solid clear blue one that is available from Don's Light and Magic. You can order it directly from him (http://www.dlmparts.com) for from http://www.federationmodels.com It looks better IMO that having a blue filter behind it.
I ordered the blue clear deflecter dish you told me to check out. I think it will add a better look to the deflecter, more rich blue color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts