Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting this for a while, I local club member (Thanks Paul) picked me up the 10 pack with it in it. I believe there is also a HWC.com version with RR tires. There is a story, I believe a Child Designed it and named it. Maybe someone can expand on the story. Here's the pics

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the story from HWC.com

quote:
The deco was developed by designers Larry Wood and Roman Cortez with a little help from a young girl who participated in The Macy's Passport Charity auction last year for a chance to tour the Hot Wheels Design Center and work on a vehicle deco.

The young girl wanted to call it Luna Lu...so, the words were featured on the truck. We call it the Luna Lu around the office as well.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Nice pics! The HWC "Exclusive" did not have real riders, it had the same 5 spokes as the 10 pack version. I'm not sure there were any significant differences between the two, other than the HWC version being on its own blister card.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I haven't seen it up close either, just on the site briefly, then on e-bay when I was considering getting it in the store in the 10 pack. I think the 10 pack was a much better buy since you got the 9 other cars, and didn't have to pay S&H. If you like the cars on the card (who does really?!), buy a the next issue of the DD when it comes out and put it on that card. ;)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I've been leaving them in droves, sometime around Xmas WMs and TRUs had large shipments of 10 packs. These would have been single car shipments in the "old" days. :cry: The Luna Lus 2 to a case of 6 10 packs. Still see some around occasionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts