Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my main collecting quests is to find a 1:64 of cars owned by my extended family. The cars of "Yesterday & Today" filled 2 holes with one purchase. My parents owned a 55 Victoria and the Crown Vic is as close as I will probably ever get and the last car they owned was a 94 Crown Vic so the 97 is close enough. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's a nice set.....unfortunately the only one I ever saw in Canada (at the hobby shop only) was the Volkswagen Beetle set. Of course I picked it up.

I hope they continue the idea for 2007

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ya know, as I look at these cars sitting next to each other I can't help but notice how much more style and individuality the older cars posess. The newer editions look like colored lumps of mashed potatoes with windows stuck on.......

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SkipperC said:
Ya know, as I look at these cars sitting next to each other I can't help but notice how much more style and individuality the older cars posess. The newer editions look like colored lumps of mashed potatoes with windows stuck on.......
Another convert to the old guys. Besides looking alike they all seem to have the same 10 colors, if that, and just 2-3 interior colors. Back in the mid fifties to sixties it was common to offer 15+ colors plus many 2 tone variations and up to 25 different color combinations of leather, cloth and vinyl interiors. :freak:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Galaxieman said:
Another convert to the old guys. Besides looking alike they all seem to have the same 10 colors, if that, and just 2-3 interior colors. Back in the mid fifties to sixties it was common to offer 15+ colors plus many 2 tone variations and up to 25 different color combinations of leather, cloth and vinyl interiors. :freak:
Ummmmm...... most of us are too young to remember back that far, Pops :tongue: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Jim, this 50 y/o "kid" couldn't resist that one!)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(sorry Jim, this 50 y/o "kid" couldn't resist that one!)[/QUOTE]

Keep that up and you will never get to be this age :(

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
That version of the '55 looks great! This summer I picked up the Impala set at a car show. The '63 in that set is my favorite version of that casting. :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
camarors said:
I would like to see a TRI 5 series of fords 55, 56, 57. Like they did with the chevy.
Me too but to make things easier for RC2 how about 52,53, 54 so they could use the same casting. Think about the Victoria, Skyliner and Sunliner variations with just grille, plastic roof section, top down, top up and minor other trims making up the variations. For total accuracy the 52 would have to have a 3 piece rear windshield.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PlaysW/cars said:
Those Crown Vics are just cool. I've got the taxi version, but the "regular" is sweet.
Better shot of the 97 Crown Vic. I'm becoming a picture posting fool :tongue:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I couldn't resist posting this. The photo is of my Mom in about 1958 with her 1955 Club Victoria all decked out for a wedding. The JL Crown Vic is, of course, my newest addition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts