Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea of what scale the figures would be for the PL J2 ??? Thinking of trying to modify some pre-exsisting figures. Maybe for model railroading or some such thing.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link states that the figures are designed for the "Moebius model", which is a larger scale. So wouldn't the figures be too large for the Polar Lights Jupiter 2 ???

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
The stated scale of the polar lights kit is !:48. The interior was done in two different scales to make both the upper and lower decks fit inside the hull. The Upper deck was supposed to be 1:48 and the lower deck was 1:72 scale, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stated scale of the polar lights kit is !:48. The interior was done in two different scales to make both the upper and lower decks fit inside the hull. The Upper deck was supposed to be 1:48 and the lower deck was 1:72 scale, IIRC.
Thanks alot ! I really appreciate the help. I want some figures for my J2 project, but it seems like everything I find is made for the big Moebius kit.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems like Culttvman had some years ago in his on-line hobbyshop. I looked for them; They are not there, now. But you may want to contact him. I think his name is Steve Iverson. He was out of an item I wanted, and he quickly restocked it. He's a good guy and will help you if possible.

[email protected]

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/
Thanks, I will drop him an email and see if he can help me.

Chris, I watch all your builds,....and have seen your PL J2 figures. They are impressive. Especially the B9 robot. If my skill level was anywhere close to yours, I would try to do a scratch build of the figures. But I think my best bet is to try to modify some exsisting figures. I have found several 1:48 scale figures on ebay. And they are fairly cheap. So if I screw them up, it wont be a major loss. LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
The link states that the figures are designed for the "Moebius model", which is a larger scale. So wouldn't the figures be too large for the Polar Lights Jupiter 2 ???
D'oh! My brain just saw "J2".

Too true, the figures I linked to are far too large for the old Polar Lights kit.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
D'oh! My brain just saw "J2".

Too true, the figures I linked to are far too large for the old Polar Lights kit.
That's ok. I certainly appreciate the effort. That's one thing I love about this site. Most people here at least try to help and answer questions.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Someone correct my math if Im wrong. But according to my calculations, if the figures needed for a Polar Lights Jupiter 2 are 1:48 scale. Then a 6 foot tall man at 1:48 scale would be one and a half inches tall ??? And if that is true, then the skyhook seats I bought are nowhere close to being the correct scale for the PL J2. I hope my math is just wrong. But as I figure it. There are 12 inches in a foot. 6X12=72 72 DIVIDED BY 48 IS 1.5 OR one and one half inches. Am I wrong ???

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The Polar Lights kit is 1/48 scale. The Moebius kit is 1/35 scale. You could use some of the 2001 Moon Bus figures in the Jupiter 2, or modify some 1/48 military figures. There is a reasonable Dr. Smith with some TLC from Otaki/Arii's 1/48 Focke Wulf 190 fighter. You get a German machanic standing with his arms folded... There may have been some resin figures out for the Polar Lights kit when it was available 15 years ago. Today it might be hard to find anything for it.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate everyone's help. I have bought some generic 1:48 figures. And will see if I can make them work. Where there's a will. There's a way !

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wrote to Crow's Nest Models sometime ago regarding this and
they said that it was something on their drwaing board but did
not say when it will happen. They seem to be very busy these
days I hope that it will someday happen.

fortress

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've searched high and low for these figures. I even wrote to Steve Iverson at CultTVman. He wrote back saying that to the best of his knowledge, there were no figures currently available for the PL J2.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what scale the figures would be for the PL J2 ??? Thinking of trying to modify some pre-exsisting figures. Maybe for model railroading or some such thing.
Sometime ago, late 90s after the PL J2 was released, a great set of figures including the Robot was released in a limited edition. I had several sets that unfortunately were lost, and the producer doesn't want to produce any more. It's
Too bad because they were really cleanly cast and looked great thru the viewport!

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sometime ago, late 90s after the PL J2 was released, a great set of figures including the Robot was released in a limited edition. I had several sets that unfortunately were lost, and the producer doesn't want to produce any more. It's
Too bad because they were really cleanly cast and looked great thru the viewport!
Unfortunately, I never seen any of those figures. And I would be willing to bet that anyone that has any of them, aren't willing to part with them. And while I can probably modify some exsisting figures for the crew. The robot will be the biggest challenge for me to scratch build. And I'm not quite sure that I will be able to make one that's suitable. But I'm gonna try.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts