Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
btw - the pilot episode is included in the 1st season set. so if you buy all 3 seasons (there was no 4th LIS season) you'll have it all.
T

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Didn't know that, but I did know the scene where Penny and Debbie rode the back of John's jetpack was shown in "No Place to Hide".
I could have used that little bit of knowledge... it took me quite a while to find it... but I did a number of screen grabs and fixed up my jetpack to be screen accurate!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
As I remember, there's a sequence in "BLAST OFF INTO SPACE" where John has just landed and fires his laser pistol at the creature attacking the Chariot. It's quick, but there's a pretty clear shot of the John & the jet pack from the back...and it's in color too (if that helps).

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Thanks Frets! ...but there's a whole sequence when John is looking for Penny shot from behind him where you get a perfectly clear look at the back of the pack!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
...and here it is!

I even modeled the bicycle seat!

I will have images of the model next week... and some news! 1/350 Proteus and 1/96 Atlas parts are to the caster for final... 1/72 Proteus is coming soon... I am working on PE parts and decals now and should actually ship real model kits very soon! Sorry again for the loooong delays... but work got in the way!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Late to the party... but the jet pack and drilling equipment sounds like a great idea for both the Pod and Chariot.

I'm in if either becomes available.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Didn't know that, but I did know the scene where Penny and Debbie rode the back of John's jetpack was shown in "No Place to Hide".
I could have used that little bit of knowledge... it took me quite a while to find it... but I did a number of screen grabs and fixed up my jetpack to be screen accurate!
Sorry Dwewid,
I could have told you that from memory. I have a not-yet-installed VIVO card, but any caps I could make would be from VHS.

I thought you and John were kidding about the jetpack in connection with the pod. Seems redundant to me- like wanting the parajets with the pod... Anyway, best wishes on your project. :)

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I haved pushed 2 projects ahead of all others in light of the new release fo the 1/24 LIS kits... I will be shipping 1/24 John Robinson in Jetpack and 1/24 Robby Robot (good idea Lou!) very soon... along with final release of 1/350 Proteus and 1/96 Mercury Atlas... real final parts are in casting phase except for one more revision to fix windows problems on 350 Proteus... then will release the super sweet 1/72 Proteus finally! I am missing Wonderfest due to the rediculous amount of money I have spent on rapid prototyping in the last 4 weeks, but I ma not comprimising on quality on these kits!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I haved pushed 2 projects ahead of all others in light of the new release fo the 1/24 LIS kits... I will be shipping 1/24 John Robinson in Jetpack and 1/24 Robby Robot (good idea Lou!) very soon... along with final release of 1/350 Proteus and 1/96 Mercury Atlas... real final parts are in casting phase except for one more revision to fix windows problems on 350 Proteus... then will release the super sweet 1/72 Proteus finally! I am missing Wonderfest due to the rediculous amount of money I have spent on rapid prototyping in the last 4 weeks, but I ma not comprimising on quality on these kits!

Very Interesting news Sir:thumbsup:

Love the Idea of the 1/350 Proteus. I am looking forward to hearing more.....

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
almost finished!

I hope to post images of parts... but stuck on work next week... early the following week I will post images of actual masters for this cool little kit! You can, of course, build it without Penny and Debbie the Bloop if you choose!

Clothing details ... specifically the hooded coats... will be added with putty and sculpting... I have a number of little figures I will be working on over the next few weeks including a few favors for someone else that I have owed for quite some time.

I will also do a set of figures to go inside the Space Pod kit... I know a lot of you really want to spruce that thing up a bit!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
yeah? ... not really finished yet... I will look for better reference on him while I finish up the Penny figure and the folding seat parts...

kind of need to give him some more bulk on the top of the head based on pics I've got... and maybe bulk up his tooshie... the infamous fury diaper, y'know.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Starmanmm... how right you were! I went back and watched Island in the sky... I overcame some suspension of disbelief issues... watching it all the way through... and studied Bloop's ears... much pointier... and much more bulk on top of head... obviously to accomodate the "hat" that held the ears on the little chimp. I went ahead and fixed it last night... leaving some work to be done with knives, putty, and other traditional techniques. Thanks for "pointing" that out!

41 - 60 of 613 Posts