Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 613 Posts

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, but there would seem to be golden opportunity here for a series of aftermarket figures to go with Moebius' Irwin Allen vehicles. Has anyone heard of anything like this being in the works?

·
Registered
319 Posts
And, Smith run over by the chariot. A few times.
I've always envisioned a "scene we'd like to see" as:

After one too many times of trying to sell the Robinsons to any aliens that come along in exchange for a ticket back to Earth, John and Don each grab one of Dr. Smith's arms and coerce him into talking a trip with them in the chariot. As Smith's being pulled away, looking back furtively over his shoulder, Will wonders what is going on as the robot snickers quietly.

Later that day, when John and Don return, they are carrying Smith's parka and boots and relate the sad tale of how a big monster killed and ate poor Smith. John and Maureen, and Don and Judy, exchange knowing looks, as Penny and Will are left to wonder...
Lee

P.S. - I'd LOVE figures, too!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
so are there any good drawings of the Jet pack that was used? I've downloaded a bunch of pics but all from the front side angle and leaving much of it undefined... does anyone out there have good reference on the Jetpack?

·
Banned
914 Posts
I just hope the robot that comes with the chariot fits in the pod in the proper scale.

IMHO, they should have included the robot with the pod, and not the chariot.. I'm, guessing the tooling costs were already higher for the chariot to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I was hoping someone would post a few screengrabs of the jetpack... ok... so I'm ordering the series on DVD to do the grabs myself... before I hit the buy button... is season 1 to 3 the complete series? was there a season 4? I think the jetpack may have been late in the series... so this might be very important. I can't afford to spend 130 bucks and not get the jetpack images I need. Any help appreciated.

specifically... I can find any rear views of the jetpack as used in the series... I have rear view of jetpack design... but they may have dolled it up for the show... alos missing any shots of the right side of the jetpack.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
working...

will flesh out jacket and clothing in hand sculpting... still need some detail shots to finish it up. Any help appreciated!

also planning alternate leg parts for flying and standing (standing shown here)

and I'm fixing things like the wrong pants leg and such right now...

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
The jet pack was used mostly in the first season, and the very early episodes at that.

Not much in terms of color shots, but there's some footage in the DVD "extras," as well as the Season 2 opening episode "BLAST OFF INTO SPACE" (specifically where John rescues Will & Smith from a living statue).

Do a search for BELL ROCKET BELT or BELL JET PACK online. You'll get quite a few hits. The Wiki has a diagram and there's a fair number of photos out there too. How much the real article varied from the version used in the show is anybody's guess, but there's quite a bit of reference material available if you know where to look.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Thanks Frets! Yeah... I've got a bunch of Bell Jet Pack stuff... but I'm wondering how accurate the doohickies on the back are to the on-screen pack... that's why I wanted to get grabs.

·
Banned
914 Posts
The jetpack was featured as early as in the first 3 episodes, but in later episodes, or course you also have color rather then black and white.

The episode guide is here, and yes there are only 3 seasons.

http://www.tv.com/lost-in-space/show/2099/episode.html

I DO have an extra copy of season 3 volume 1, and would be wiling to sell it to you cheaper then retail if you like. (the Wife bought me duplicate copies of it for Christmas last year, so it's unwatched even. (Though she took off the stupid shrink wrap, because she didn't want me to see the price, and then I couldn't return it.)

Been meaning to ebay it, but this could work out for us both. Just LMK.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, but there would seem to be golden opportunity here for a series of aftermarket figures to go with Moebius' Irwin Allen vehicles. Has anyone heard of anything like this being in the works?
Oddly, Jimmy Flintstone, who makes a large resin figure of Judy to go with the Aurora Lost in Space Robot has a 1/25 figure that would work for her. Its JF92 "Miss Speed Shift". She's got the big hair, and is wearing a short dress with long sleeve top, and go go boots. You could rework the collar area a bit, but she's about 98% of the way there. The post would work with the robot too, sort of like the big JF figure with her holding onto or hanging onto him. You might be albe to rework other JF figures. He has a couple of standing race car drivers in 1960s silver flame suits that look like the silver flight suits from the show.

1 - 20 of 613 Posts