Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiat X1/9 - Minichamps



Fiat Dino Spyder - Minichamps



Fiat Dino Coupe - Norev



Fiat 2300 S Coupe - Starline



Fiat 130 Coupe - Starline



mmm..I thought I had photographed more of my Fiats.

So a proper Lancia - Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato



Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Great pics! I've been a big fan of Fiat for many years. Those are all wonderful models. Thanks for sharing them with us.

The 130 Coupe is one of Pininfarina's all time greats, IMO. I've always wondered how they managed to make a simple 3-box design look so beautiful.

You have an enviable collection. I also appreciate the fact that you post a wide variety of makers.

Would you happen to have 1/43s of two of my favorite Lancias, the 1970s Gamma Coupe & the 1960s Flavia Coupe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BluntFronts said:
Great pics! I've been a big fan of Fiat for many years. Those are all wonderful models. Thanks for sharing them with us.

The 130 Coupe is one of Pininfarina's all time greats, IMO. I've always wondered how they managed to make a simple 3-box design look so beautiful.

You have an enviable collection. I also appreciate the fact that you post a wide variety of makers.

Would you happen to have 1/43s of two of my favorite Lancias, the 1970s Gamma Coupe & the 1960s Flavia Coupe?
We seem to like the same sort of cars - the Fiat 130 is one of Pininfarina's most elegant designs.

As for the Gamma & Flavia - I wasn't sure if you were talking about the original Flavia, or the facelifted version, so I've posted both as well as the Gamma.

The Flavias are both by Starline, the Gamma is a Tron resin model. I'm not convinced by the Tron, but, I can't find another model :(







I thought I'd also include another Lancia great - the Stratos - a Minichamps model.



Cheers,

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!! X1/#@$%^&* 9 !! When I die and go to hell there will be an infinate row of those things for me to fix. That should be enough to make me change my ways. :p I really shouldn't complain. FIAT kept me in business for over 13 years. People just refused to change the rubber bands. That was the first question I'd ask any new customer. Conversation went like this.

"You know how long its been since the timing belt was changed?"

"No."

Then since the cars got 25,000 miles on it I'd suggest changing it."

"How much."

"$50.00 belt and labor."

"FIFTY DOLLARS !!!!!!!!"

"If it breaks it'll be $400.00, cause it'll warp the four exhaust valves." The head will have to come off, the intake valves reground and the exhaust valves replaced. (That was the 1300cc. The 1500cc would just leave you stranded and a tow bill.)

"Yeah right! I'll wait................" (Two weeks later the phone rings.)

"The Esses." (That was my shop name, not mine or my partner's. Everyone thought we were the Esses brothers. Not many real sports car enthusiast in Cleveland Co, NC.)

"Yeah buddy." (I'm his "buddy" now.) Could you come out here on I-85 and look at my X1/9? Damn thing just quit.

"I assume you tried to re-crank it?"

"Of course."

"And when you did the motor just went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?"

"Yeah!"

"Don't have to come look at it. Remember that $50.00 timing belt I suggested for you to replace two weeks ago."

"Yeah."

"It just went up to $400.00."

Depending on the gender of the caller there was either cursing or sobs at that point.

We had 124's and 131's that we "maintained" that acrewed over 300,000 miles. Never could get that out of the X1/9 nor the 128 OHC. Infact I had a 128 for awhile. Wheel bearing troubles out the ying yang. I always thought that came about from the way the X1/9's were driven. (the 128 and X1/9 shared common wheel bearings) The 128 changed my opinion of that. The 128 was also the only car that I ever had a standard transmission to "grenade!" It was glorious! WHAM! BAM! WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! Casing busted all to pieces. Gear lube everywhere. No more FIAT's for me.....Hopefully



DANG! We didn't get ANY of the good lookin' FIAT's over here. T

The neatest one I ever personally saw in the USA was the FIAT 850 Abarth Double Bubble Coupe. Neat little car. That one would have been worth the pain in the butt to keep running. And yes the 850's were a pain in the butt too. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure I can manage a few 1:43 850s - will your heart withstand them?

Of course, if you're strong enough, I can provide some Renaults, Peugeots, Citroens....or a Simca or Panhard or two.....Allez les Bleus!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Thanks very much for posting the Lancias. They are excellent. I don't have nearly enough in my collection!

I see what you mean about the Tron Gamma coupe. It's a nice model, but it does seem to lose a bit of the original's elegance in the translation to 1/43 scale. Still, it's quite a worthy model to own, at least until Minichamps or the like decides to produce their own version.

I'm shocked that I don't have a 1/43 Stratos, which is one of the most desirable cars of all time, IMHO. I've got to put the Minichamps on my list. Thanks for the photo of your yellow one.

One of the Lancias I love most is the odd coupe with the rear quarter windows that curve up into the roof. I hope I can find a pic on the internet. I sometimes wish I lived in Europe so I could see all of these beautiful Lancias in their 1:1 versions once in awhile!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
ClearHooter said:
We had 124's and 131's that we "maintained" that acrewed over 300,000 miles. Never could get that out of the X1/9 nor the 128 OHC. Infact I had a 128 for awhile. Wheel bearing troubles out the ying yang. I always thought that came about from the way the X1/9's were driven. (the 128 and X1/9 shared common wheel bearings) The 128 changed my opinion of that. The 128 was also the only car that I ever had a standard transmission to "grenade!" It was glorious! WHAM! BAM! WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! Casing busted all to pieces. Gear lube everywhere. No more FIAT's for me.....Hopefully



DANG! We didn't get ANY of the good lookin' FIAT's over here.
Hey, what about the 124 Spider? :) I had one during the year it was called the "2000 Spider". What a tough looking little mini-Ferrari that bodystyle was. The two funniest things mine did were:

1) The stick shift broke off of the transmission during stop-and-go traffic...in the middle of a two-lane bridge over the Missouri river. Luckily, it broke off while it was in second gear, so I could still make it home without too much traffic disruption. :p Somehow I was able to laugh all of the way there.

2) The front part of the rear suspension linkage broke off of the floorpan during freeway driving. I had heard a strange "bwwoorrp" noise under the rear seat area as I drove up the entrance ramp. Luckily (again) all it did was make the car veer slightly whenever I shifted gears. And it only cost a few bucks to have it welded back on. :thumbsup:

Both occurred before 40,000 miles. I still loved to drive it, but I had to face reality and get a more dependable car. It was truly a beauty, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BluntFronts said:
Thanks very much for posting the Lancias. They are excellent. I don't have nearly enough in my collection!

I see what you mean about the Tron Gamma coupe. It's a nice model, but it does seem to lose a bit of the original's elegance in the translation to 1/43 scale. Still, it's quite a worthy model to own, at least until Minichamps or the like decides to produce their own version.

I'm shocked that I don't have a 1/43 Stratos, which is one of the most desirable cars of all time, IMHO. I've got to put the Minichamps on my list. Thanks for the photo of your yellow one.

One of the Lancias I love most is the odd coupe with the rear quarter windows that curve up into the roof. I hope I can find a pic on the internet. I sometimes wish I lived in Europe so I could see all of these beautiful Lancias in their 1:1 versions once in awhile!
Ah, you must get a Stratos model - as you say 'tis a very desirable car.

As for that odd Lancia coupe, I think you are referring to another Flavia variant, styled by Zagato - see www.zagato-cars.com/en-us/pg_284.html

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
BluntFronts said:
Hey, what about the 124 Spider? :) I had one during the year it was called the "2000 Spider". What a tough looking little mini-Ferrari that bodystyle was. The two funniest things mine did were:

1) The stick shift broke off of the transmission during stop-and-go traffic...in the middle of a two-lane bridge over the Missouri river. Luckily, it broke off while it was in second gear, so I could still make it home without too much traffic disruption. :p Somehow I was able to laugh all of the way there.

2) The front part of the rear suspension linkage broke off of the floorpan during freeway driving. I had heard a strange "bwwoorrp" noise under the rear seat area as I drove up the entrance ramp. Luckily (again) all it did was make the car veer slightly whenever I shifted gears. And it only cost a few bucks to have it welded back on. :thumbsup:

Both occurred before 40,000 miles. I still loved to drive it, but I had to face reality and get a more dependable car. It was truly a beauty, though.
Agreed the 124 Spyder was a nice looking, reasonably dependable, car. It became even more dependable with the 2000 series. They quit chewing up exhaust valves when the rubber band broke. Had more than one of the 124's break a trailing arm. I always wondered if speed bumps might not have had something to do with that. Never had a shifter break that I recall. But I could see how it could happen.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top